Residential - different email forwards for different phone numbers

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
redenton
Residential - different email forwards for different phone numbers

Post by redenton » Wed May 31, 2023 1:50 pm

I have Ooma residential with two phone numbers using the Lynx device. One phone number is for me, and the other is for my wife. It would be really great if I could forward voicemail messages for one phone number to myself, and voicemail messages for the other phone number to my wife. But it doesn't seem like Ooma currently has that capability. I've been told that I can forward all the messages to both email addresses. It would be really nice if that capability could be added, to forward voicemail messages for different phone numbers two different emails.

redenton

Re: Residential - different email forwards for different phone numbers

Post by redenton » Wed May 31, 2023 3:47 pm

It's worse than I thought. You can forward to two different email addresses, but the messages are both labeled with the primary phone number, so when you get the emails, you don't know which messages go with which phone number.

Robek

Post by Robek » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:42 am

Create a separate private account for the second number. Each private account should include its own private voicemail box, and a separately configurable voicemail notification list. If that doesn't work, then contact the customer support group for more help.

redenton

Post by redenton » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:28 pm

@Robek Robek, you are awesome! That's solves the problem. Thanks!