STILL CAN'T ACCESS DASHBOARD

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
RRR7
STILL CAN'T ACCESS DASHBOARD

Post by RRR7 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:16 am

What in the world is going on with the dashboard portal? I have not been able to access it for almost two weeks now. I can't even reach ooma.com. Ooma says there's nothing wrong with the website and live chat support won't give any details on the portal, just that engineers are "aware" of the problem and are working on it.

Robek

Re: STILL CAN'T ACCESS DASHBOARD

Post by Robek » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:42 pm

The My Ooma web portal was down for a few days, but service was restored over a week and a half ago. Try flushing the local browser cache, rebooting the computer, or accessing the portal from a different computer, to see if that helps. Otherwise, describe in more detail what the browser does instead.

OomaUser127

Post by OomaUser127 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:59 am

I have tried three different devices to access www.ooma.com, using Firefox, and Chrome. Nothing has worked for almost two weeks. Seems there is a conflict in resolving the URL through the DNS server. I can ping www.ooma.com alright, but can not bring up the webpage through a browser. Chrome returns 'DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN' error. I have done several steps on my side to resolve, Rebooted by modem and router and flushed my DNS cache on my PC which neither helped. I was told the other day, after calling customer support, this was a known issue and engineers were working on it. Something happened on or around 9/20/23 and has yet to be resolved. Can anyone from Ooma give an explanation as to what is going on?

Robek

Post by Robek » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:45 am

'DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN' is usually a client-side issue. It looks like Ooma may have moved some web sites to new hosts with different IP addresses, but some DNS providers may still be out of date. Try (temporarily) changing the DNS provider, in the browser's 'Privacy & Security' settings, to see if that helps.

OomaUser127

Post by OomaUser127 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:42 am

Ok, I was able to finally fix this issue by redirecting the DNS on my PC, Phone and tablet by manually resetting the DNS server each device was using to a known public DNS. Seems odd, after using OOMA over tens years without issue that this was necessary.

rerion

Post by rerion » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:04 am

Thanks for the answer. I have been trying to access the portal for over a month with no luck. I changed to the google public dns server and it works. Can somebody please explain why this is necessary?

Robek

Post by Robek » Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:53 pm

Ooma probably moved its web sites to new hosts, with different IP addresses. Many businesses, for example, are moving their resources into the cloud, for whatever reasons. It takes a while for all of the third party DNS providers to update their DNS records, and some providers can take longer than others.

xboxman

Post by xboxman » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:28 am

I have the same problem cant get to my.ooma.com been this way for 2 months now did a chat with ooma tech they said i would need to call they could not fix it from chat

Robek

Post by Robek » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:09 am

If the problem is the same, then perhaps the solution (or workaround) is the same, too. If the posted fixes don't resolve the issue, then please explain what happens instead. Or else, try calling customer support, as the Ooma chat representative had previously suggested.

fl48

Post by fl48 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:38 am

When I tred to log in to my Ooma portal it says "This site can't be reached." Apparently, this has been going on for months. When I called Ooma, they said that they have no technical issues and there is nothing they can do about it. I tried it on 2 computers using Chrome and Librewolf browsers. Still didn't work. I finally got out my old Sony Vaio laptop running Linux Mint. Using the Firefox browser, I got into my Ooma portal without any problem. Come on, Ooma.....fix this bug.