STILL CAN'T ACCESS DASHBOARD

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Robek
Re: STILL CAN'T ACCESS DASHBOARD

Post by Robek » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:21 pm

Most everyone else managed to resolve this issue months ago. Any problem now is with the client-side DNS providers; Ooma can publish their DNS info, but they can't force third parties to update their records. Which DNS providers do the Chrome and Librewolf browsers use? Which does the Linux Mint Firefox browser use?

domm

Post by domm » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:28 am

Just out of curiosity I tried logging into my Ooma portal & I am also getting the "This site can't be reached" message. How did others resolve this issue? Thanks

Robek

Post by Robek » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:07 pm

Some web browsers have options to override the default DNS resolver; check the browser's Privacy & Security settings. Otherwise, check the OS system network settings for a list of DNS servers; if they just point to the router, then check the router network settings. The exact steps depend on the browser, computer, or router.

domm

Post by domm » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:03 am

Thanks for your reply Robek but your suggestions are far above my pay grade. I did find my Chrome browser Privacy & Security settings but I have no idea what I am looking for lol.

Robek

Post by Robek » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:38 pm

Chrome settings are a little more difficult to navigate, because they have a lot of sub-menus, but they also offer a search bar at the top of the menu, to help find specific options. Look for "Search Settings", next to a magnifying glass icon, click on that, and type "DNS". That should highlight the "Security" sub-menu.

Before changing any settings, first write down their original values, just in case it becomes necessary to undo the changes later. Click on the "Security" sub-menu, and scroll down to the setting for "Use secure DNS"; if it is not already enabled, then click on the toggle switch to the right, to enable it.

Just below that, "Select DNS provider" should appear, with a drop-down list of different DNS providers. Don't bother with "Add custom provider", but select each of the other providers, one by one, then try accessing the Ooma web site again, in a different tab. If more than one DNS provider works, then pick a favorite.

These settings may not be available for managed browsers, (where some other entity owns the computer, such as an employer, school, or parent), or when accessing the internet through a VPN. In that case, try working with the computer owner, or VPN provider, to resolve the issue. Or try from a different computer.

domm

Post by domm » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:35 am

After rereading this thread I just realized I am talking about a completely different issue so my apologies to Robek for trying to help me with your detailed post. I have no issues logging into my ooma account. I thought this thread was regarding logging into 172.27.35.1