Not able to login or Change Payment over the Phone

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
PaigeSilvermane
Not able to login or Change Payment over the Phone

Post by PaigeSilvermane » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:07 pm

For the past few weeks, I have not been able to login. When I try, it gives me "We're sorry but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information." This happens on my phone and my computer. I've tried opening it in Google Chrome and Firefox with no luck.

All I need to do is change my payment method. I tried the automated line but it does not allow me to enter a Discover card number for some reason. I've tried talking to the reps but I kept getting the run around until they just stuck me on hold and left me there.

Can someone help out?

Robek

Re: Not able to login or Change Payment over the Phone

Post by Robek » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:36 pm

In the past, the my.ooma.com/login page sometimes displayed the "We're sorry but something went wrong ..." message for an invalid phone number or password. Be sure to enter the whole phone number, including the area code; (for example: "(555) 555-1234"). If that doesn't help, then try resetting the password.

What is "the automated line"? Does Ooma have one of those? For issues with touch tones in interactive voice response (IVR) systems, Ooma's support site offers some suggestions, such as making sure the phone isn't set up for pulse dialing or "short DTMF" tones, or testing with a different phone.

PaigeSilvermane

Post by PaigeSilvermane » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:20 pm

I went in and changed my password but I'm getting the same notice. Any other ideas?

As for the Automated Line, I can get through just fine. The problem is it doesn't accept my card number. It only allows Visa, Mastercard and American Express. For some reason, my Discover card is not allowed. When I tried to talk to a rep, they couldn't help me out and just said to update it online... Which I can't even get into.

Robek

Post by Robek » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:36 am

An old post (from 2012) states that Ooma did not accept Discover cards at that time. Customer support should know whether that's still true, but the billing department may only be available during normal business hours. The my.ooma.com Billing Information edit popup states that Ooma prefers a debit card now.

The login issue looks like a back end problem, but trying a few more things couldn't hurt: if the account has multiple phone numbers, log in with one of the other numbers; or log in from a different computer on a different network; or (temporarily) change the DNS provider, in the browser's 'Privacy & Security' settings.