Updating billing information error

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
oomamaniacal
Re: Updating billing information error

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:09 am

PadsProject wrote:Same error here !
"ERROR
There was a problem updating your credit card. Please check your information and try again."

Since I moved recently, I figured it might be an error with the security system of my card (the address must be identical).

I double-checked all my info, try different writings of my street (only street name, with hyphens, with "rue" at the beginning since I live in a french-speaking area, in caps lock, etc...), of my phone number (daytime, nighttime, with/without spaces)...

Tried Visa and Mastercard, with the webpage of each company to be sure the address is correct.
No go, I still get the error...

Since it's for paying the monthly taxes, it's a kind of an emergency... and I don't think I'm fluent enough in English to call and speak and explain to someone...
I also got the same error message when trying to update the credit card information on my Ooma account a few months ago. I ended up calling customer service and gave my credit card information over the phone. Unfortunately, I don't know any other way to get around it.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

pman2012

Post by pman2012 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:23 pm

I am having the same problem trying to change my credit card. Calling customer support for the last 3 weeks has produced nothing. I've been escalated to level 3 and to billing and no one has gotten back to me. They have tried to enter the Credit Card and it fails for them. I've checked with the credit card company and they see the request coming (over 20 times now) and they do not decline it, so it is on the Ooom side. If I hadn't invested in the H/W I would be looking for a different VoIP provider as Ooma is terrible. And I hate the canned question at the end of their support call, did I answer all your questions. Yes you did but you are not fixing the problem. :cry:

crockpot

Post by crockpot » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:56 am

edit update: fixed the problem by using a different credit card.

My dad is having the same problem, is there any way to fix this without calling?