Can't make outgoing calls???

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
tigerpilot
Re: Can't make outgoing calls???

Post by tigerpilot » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:21 pm

So......What exactly does that mean. Incoming calls work. What would be the solution to this problem??
Thanks, Don

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Disconnect the cable from the PHONE port to house wiring.
Connect a phone to the ooma hub. Try making a call. If it is successful, then you need to disconnect the telco connection from your house wiring out in the telco box which is usually on the outside of the house. Sounds like you might be getting some voltage from that wire. This is usually just a matter of unplugging a phone plug in the telco box.

Wayne

ezsat01

Post by ezsat01 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:32 pm

I switch from bell to 3 party of distributel. My ooma set up was working well. After the switch i could get incoming calls but no out going calls. After I dial it is silence and then about 21 seconds later I get a fast busy tone, no matter what number I dial. I tried alot of things that many people suggested on here. I'm running a smartrg sr505n (router/modem). What i ended up doing and it worked. I turned off the router on the smartrg sr505n and just ran it as a modem (bridge). Used my own router and plugged it into the smart rg sr505n. Hope this helps someone else. The following links will help you turn off the router if you have the same device.

SmartRG 505n Bridge Mode (working only as a modem)

http://resisupport.primus.ca/en/advance ... ridge-mode

southsound

Post by southsound » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:49 pm

ezsat01 wrote:I switch from bell to 3 party of distributel. My ooma set up was working well. After the switch i could get incoming calls but no out going calls. After I dial it is silence and then about 21 seconds later I get a fast busy tone, no matter what number I dial. I tried alot of things that many people suggested on here. I'm running a smartrg sr505n (router/modem). What i ended up doing and it worked. I turned off the router on the smartrg sr505n and just ran it as a modem (bridge). Used my own router and plugged it into the smart rg sr505n. Hope this helps someone else. The following links will help you turn off the router if you have the same device.

SmartRG 505n Bridge Mode (working only as a modem)

http://resisupport.primus.ca/en/advance ... ridge-mode
ezsat01, it is nice of you to try and help others. As a new ooma customer, I can understand your excitement with the product and am happy you are successful in setting yours system up.

All that said, you really don't have to resurrect posts that are 2, 3 or even 5 years old. Chances are that the OP's in those threads have either been helped or have moved on.

Happy New Year and continue to enjoy your Telo system.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.