touch tone problems

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Fa King Fones
Re: touch tone problems

Post by Fa King Fones » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:30 am

Just got this from Advanced Troubleshooting, and IT WORKED!!! Thank-you!

. Was your phone connected to the Ooma device directly? If it is, please unplug it for the mean time.

2. Reboot the Ooma device by unplugging the power on the back of the Ooma, wait 3 minutes before plugging it back on.

3. Once the Ooma device is on BLUE status, please reconnect your phone to have a dial tone.

4. If all else fails, please try connecting a different phone to your ooma.

nashlew422

Post by nashlew422 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:26 pm

Okay it's now 2020 and I am having this issue with all my phones (3). I even went out and bought a new Ooma box because my old one was 2 years old and refurbished to begin with. I am at my wit's end, have replaced all wires, reset my router numerous times, had my internet company do a hard reset and stil unable to make calls where an option is required. This problem just started about 2 weeks ago and I have spent countless hours on my cell phone (not good service here and keep getting calls dropped) trying to get to the bottom of this problem. Everyone I talk to says they've never heard of this problem, yet here it is in 2009!! I told Ooma today they should read the forum!! Did anyone ever find out what the problem is and how to fix it?

lmjens

Post by lmjens » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:25 pm

I have been having the same issue since mid-June. I have spent hours on the phone with OOMA support and my internet provider. Did you find a resolution?

nashlew422

Post by nashlew422 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:12 pm

No resolution..Ooma never would admit it was a problem with their system; however, when I finally was so exaspe
rated that I bought a Magic Jack and switched to that, the problem mysteriously went away. So I returned my new Ooma box to Target and cancelled Ooma. I have no problems with Magic Jack and for the price of $50 I am paid for the whole year whereas the Ooma box alone cost $80. Win win situation. Can't believe it took almost a month of going back and forth with Ooma and Frontier with no success. Basically had to figure it out on my own. Good luck!!