touch tone problems

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
vgoddard
touch tone problems

Post by vgoddard » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:45 am

I have a new OOma system. When calling out to an automated system, touch tone entries are not recognized. Example, I can't call OOMA support because the memu selections...press 1, etc are not recognized. At first it would work while on speakerphone but now does not work at all.

Any one else with this problem?

hpepper

Re: touch tone problems

Post by hpepper » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:06 am

First - welcome to Ooma and these forums.

I just tried it and it works fine for me.

First, I I think you should reset the Ooma hub. Power it down for 30 seconds and plug it back in and try your call again. If it still doesn't work, then try dialing a *99 then make the call and then try touchtones. This removes the compression in the codec (usually used for faxing)

Then report back your findings on this same forum and subject.

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:29 am

Also make sure the phone that you are using is set to tone dial instead of pulse dial.
Try a different phone.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

ajw522

Post by ajw522 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:56 am

For all other automated systems, I can't tell you anything, but when calling ooma, I noticed that you must wait for the voice to complete, for example, she says "For technical support, press 1, for sales inquiries, press 2" After she says press 2, you can press 1 for technical support. Apparently, the computer does not want to listen until she's done talking :D

And Welcome to Ooma!
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:03 am

Do you have a new Telo or ooma hub? Do you have your landline integrated with the Telo?

Wayne

vgoddard

Post by vgoddard » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:30 am

I tried all suggestions above and it still doesn't work. I've tried on 3 phones:

I tried re-booting OOMA (many times)
GE corded w/speaker phone
Panasonic corded w/speaker phone
VTech 2.4GHZ cordless phone w/speakerphon in base

I tried dialing *99 first

Automated systems still do not recoginize my touch tone selection and I have tried several including my office and OOMA support.

Could my OOMA system be faulty? I also can not do much with voice mail. I can't delete any old ones from the OOMA hub or scout. I can only listen to new messages and all of the old ones if I listen to all from message one forward....not very practical for a quick review of a recent message. I can't skip forward either.

vgoddard

Post by vgoddard » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:31 am

WayneDsr wrote:Do you have a new Telo or ooma hub? Do you have your landline integrated with the Telo?

Wayne
I have ooma hub and have already cancelled my landline after porting the #

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:37 am

If you dial your cell phone and press the number keys can you hear the tones on your cell phone?

Wayne

vgoddard

Post by vgoddard » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:57 am

WayneDsr wrote:If you dial your cell phone and press the number keys can you hear the tones on your cell phone?

Wayne
good idea - & yes I can hear the tones on the cell phone

vgoddard

Post by vgoddard » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:46 am

I don't know if this partial fix will last or not but I just changed the phone cord to a 4 wire instead of 2 wire. Now touch tone is recognized if I use speaker phone (like it did in the beginning). Since I just disconnected my landline yesterday when porting was complete, I think I'll go out & disconnect the telco wiring into the home ....I'll update if that helps anything. :idea:

Please keep sending suggestions if you have any.

Thanks to all