Reward for referring a friend?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Art Miller
Reward for referring a friend?

Post by Art Miller » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Many weeks ago, I referred a friend to ooma. He has since signed on with your service, but I've received no notice of my receiving additional months as a reward.

I won't mention his name on this forum, bit I'll be glad to inform you privately.

Please advise.

Art Miller

wase4711

Re: Reward for referring a friend?

Post by wase4711 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:01 pm

since when is there a "reward for referral" program???

scots

Re: Reward for referring a friend?

Post by scots » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:12 pm

wase4711 wrote:since when is there a "reward for referral" program???
They used to have a referral program that would give you a $50 credit towards international calling if you referred someone and they signed up for service. There's a post in another thread on these forums from Bobby B stating that they're working on revamping the referral program and hope to have it back up early this year. It would be nice if they'd offer free months of Premier instead, or give a choice of Premier or international calling. Free international calling does people like me absolutely no good. I don't know anyone in other countries and never make international calls.

That's also why I didn't apply for the $50 "rebate" they were offering when I bought my ooma equipment...because the "rebate" was a credit toward international calling. I guess that's all good for ooma, because it limits the number of credits that will get issued/used.