Calls Turn into Clicks and Buzzes

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
murphy
Re: Calls Turn into Clicks and Buzzes

Post by murphy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:13 pm

adkguy wrote:I have a fiber connection from a box on my house to the head end. From the box it is 15 feet or so of coax to the modem. Does this imply the upstream power needs to be higher?
No, if it needed to be higher the head end would take care of it automatically.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:34 pm

adkguy wrote:
Groundhound wrote:Your upstream power level of 20 dBmV seems low. Read this FAQ, including the feedback at the bottom: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/3412
There is no "feedback" at the bottom of this faq. The answer suggest a low number is good. Is 20 too low? How would I fix this? Thanks for your help
Sorry about that, you have to be logged into that site to see the feedback (it's free). The comments in the feedback section made by some cable co. employees suggests that upsteam power levels should be higher than what you have. Of course this is general cable info and may not apply to your connection, but since you're having an issue that would be something I'd look at. As murphy stated it is not in your control, the cable company would need to look at it.

adkguy

Post by adkguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:49 pm

I spoke to the CATV guys. In fact my call was cut off 2x while speaking with them. They'll come next week and check out all the splitters, the modem, etc. Other people use it in our area with no problem so it must be something to do with our place. If the problem turns out to be interesting I will post it here.