How do I view the call log for my second line?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
yeohbaby
How do I view the call log for my second line?

Post by yeohbaby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:49 pm

I have Ooma Premier and I'm unable to see my second line in the call log. Nothing shows up. I don't see a way to choose the second number to view. Do I need to set something up or am I not looking in the correct place?

murphy

Re: How do I view the call log for my second line?

Post by murphy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:10 am

You have to log in to the Lounge using your second phone number.

yeohbaby

Post by yeohbaby » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:40 am

Thank you. That worked.

It seems kind of unintuitive that I have to log in differently in order to see or manage the second line. I hope they come up with the control panel that let's us manage both lines from one login and see aggregate statistics for both lines in one place.

Mojo
Ooma Moderator

Post by Mojo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:24 am

The idea behind personal devices was to have separate account settings (call logs, voicemail box, multi-ring, etc) for each person or group in your household that requires "separation." For example, I live with a roommate and he has a personal Scout in his room. It has a separate voicemail account so that when calls come into his phone number, the voicemail will only be playable from his Scout and his online account.

If you want to view more than two numbers in your call logs, you just need to be sure that both as assigned to the same account (e.g. "Shared", or any other personal devices you define). You'll see both numbers color-coded with a phone icon.

yeohbaby

Post by yeohbaby » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:39 am

ok. That makes sense. We are getting a little off topic here, but I'd like an easy way to see how many minutes I've used for outbound, on any of my lines, even if I have to log in separately to see it. I haven't found a way to see total outbound minutes used (excluding international). Is there a way to see this total?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:46 am

Hi yeohbaby,

There'll be an "export" call log option coming out hopefully this week. This will allow you to see your call logs in a spreadsheet, and with some calculation, you can calculate usage for a particular range of dates if you wanted to.

-Bobby
Bobby B