Ooma down ?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
spsoftball
Re: Ooma down ?

Post by spsoftball » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Mine is still down here in West Michigan.

tatersalad

Post by tatersalad » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:05 pm

Hello,

My Ooma has been turning on and off since around Noon time. :(
At first I thought it had to be for porting my number, but came here to check things out.

Virginia is the location...

frogman_usn

Post by frogman_usn » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Ooma down here in Dallas, TX. I understand stuff like this will happen but what I really hate is that when Ooma has a system outage unless I subscribe to Premier then I guess I am just screwed? That doesn't seem right. Call forwarding should be free for system outages. If Ooma says the system doesn't go down that much then it should be no problem to give it to us basic users for free then anyway...thoughts?

-RR

frogman_usn

Post by frogman_usn » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Dennis P wrote:We are on it. Looks like a server upgrade that went awry. We backed out the change and are working to stabilize the system.

Ooma should offer free call forward for when things like this happen. It would be very easy for Ooma to just implement a default number for when Ooma itself becomes unstable or needs to take the server down. In this case this problem was created by Ooma and unless you have Premier then you are just screwed....bad biz.

amoney

Post by amoney » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 pm

It appears my Telo has finally stabalized solid blue for the past 30+ minutes. 9 pm EST, South Florida.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Apparently the problem was related to voicemail notification, according to the latest update: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26. VM notification has been disabled until tomorrow. I tested and found that all notification has been disabled, including the play button flash, phone indicator flash, and email alerts.

samml

Post by samml » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Still down here in Boston, MA @ 1am est. It has been turning on and off all day.
I just cancelled my Verizon yesterday, so this scared me. :o Glad to hear it's being fixed. I haven't had a problem in the past 3 months I've had it. I thought my router was going bad.

beaver

Post by beaver » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:15 pm

Not down any more but the voice message red is still blinking. quite annoying.
I am at Oregon. ooma was down at day time. I was using my backup voip at day time. Realized that I have to keep two voip in case...

paradigmshift

Post by paradigmshift » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:55 am

I am from southern CA and my Ooma has been down since Jan. 21 2010, 3:00 PM PST.
It is still NOT working atm (Jan 22 2010, 12:50 AM PST).

When I check the status at http://setup.ooma.com/ , it reads the following:

Your ooma Network is Connected (my phone number)
Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connected
Phone Line: Disconnected
Ooma Services
Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled

I have checked my lines an they are in working order and everything is plugged in the way they should, so I'm assuming the problem is with Ooma? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Edit:

Also want to add that the Ooma Telo hub has a solid blue status light, so it's even more infuriating. Should mean it's WORKING right?

but2002

Post by but2002 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:47 am

Phone Line : Disconnected means that you don't have the "Integrated Landline" feature.