Use of 2 Hubs

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
MWPollard
Re: Use of 2 Hubs

Post by MWPollard » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:21 pm

I hadn't done a side-by-side comparison before. And I found that indeed, the quality of sound from my Scout is far lower than that from the Hub. But it is similar to cellphone quality, so most callers wouldn't complain. It's got a sound of static to it. Interesting thing is that the phone on the Scout is corded and the phone on the Hub is wireless, but it's the wired phone that sounds worse since it's on a Scout.

Bill D

Re: Use of 2 Hubs

Post by Bill D » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:56 pm

MWPollard wrote:...the quality of sound from my Scout is far lower than that from the Hub. But it is similar to cellphone quality, so most callers wouldn't complain.
I guess its possible that all Scouts have identical call quality and you are correct that the problem is only "complaint threshold", even though many Scout users on this forum convincingly say they don't hear any difference and they never have complaints from the other called/calling party.

Someday this mystery will be history. I'm out of ideas but eager to see any other theories from thoughtful Scout users.

Bill