my.ooma.com is so SLOW

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
drtom
my.ooma.com is so SLOW

Post by drtom » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:19 am

What gives? You guys really need to do something about the poor quality of your website. Logging in and checking call logs or messages is extremely painful. With all the traffic that Google deals with, they somehow manage to keep things moving. I know others have complained about this as well, is anything being done to address this issue?

murphy

Re: my.ooma.com is so SLOW

Post by murphy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:54 am

drtom wrote:What gives? You guys really need to do something about the poor quality of your website. Logging in and checking call logs or messages is extremely painful. With all the traffic that Google deals with, they somehow manage to keep things moving. I know others have complained about this as well, is anything being done to address this issue?
This is a user to user forum. We don't have the capability to do anything about the web site.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

rschletty

Post by rschletty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:38 pm

murphy wrote: This is a user to user forum. We don't have the capability to do anything about the web site.
What? And here I thought Ooma had its ears on in this "Ooma User Support Forum." Better change the name to "Ooma User-to-User Support Forum." Most forums at most product and service sites have company reps who listen and comment.

I have been experiencing the same extreme slowness of my.ooma.com. It takes 1-3 minutes for my account to come up, especially during peak times. Also, the past week or so, I have noticed that incoming calls don't show up in the Call Logs for 30-60 minutes. That is inexcusable and plain inconvenient, especially when I get an unwanted marketing call from a hotel room in Las Vegas alerting me to "free government business assistance." I go to my.ooma.com to add the offending number to my blacklist, but the call has not yet been logged. Methinks Ooma can no longer keep up with the volume of calls.

What's the answer, my fellow users?

southsound

Post by southsound » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:47 pm

rschletty wrote: What's the answer, my fellow users?
Breath deep, have some nice strawberry fizzy water from Wally's, maybe a walnut brownie and work on writing a gratitude list. Life is too short to get your knickers all in a twit over the website. I love the fact that I don't have to shell out big bucks to the telco any more - and if I recall, the limited blacklist they offered as an extra cost feature only allowed me to put 15 numbers on restriction.

Did I mention welcome to ooma and to the forum? I know you've been here for a while but the OP is brand new. You both might like it here if we can only get you guys to relax and enjoy! :P

ps - the walnut brownie reference is an inside joke but you can use the search function to find at least 23 references.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.