fees

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
fishhawk
Re: fees

Post by fishhawk » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Update on my daughter's refurb hub->Telo merge.

I emailed Bobby B yesterday, and today I got a call from tech support ("Newt") asking how he can help. I explained my daughter bought the refurb hub, started the port, noticed the fees, then bought a Telo, which resulted in having to create a new account, but with lower fees. I also told him it was OK just cancel the refurb account if he could transfer the number port to the Telo account, because we really didn't care about the original account number. He said yes, that's what he would do, and it was no big deal. He was very helpful. He even sent an email outlining what we talked about.

I just checked, and the original account has been cancelled. Now if the number port (estimated for May 5) goes OK, we are good to go.

Happy so far. :) Thanks to everyone that helped out.

Still, I would advise everyone to avoid the Fry's refurb hub if you can find a Telo with the $11.75/yr wording on the box, because the refurb monthly fees of $3.47/mo will eat up any savings over the Telo within a year.

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:56 am

fishhawk wrote:Still, I would advise everyone to avoid the Fry's refurb hub if you can find a Telo with the $11.75/yr wording on the box, because the refurb monthly fees of $3.47/mo will eat up any savings over the Telo within a year.
Glad you got everything worked out.

I think the Fry's refurb is a YMMV though. Some folks report getting refurbs that are on the original no fees, name+number caller id, voicemail notifications plan. Others like you mention the monthly taxes plan.

fishhawk

Post by fishhawk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:06 am

sfhub wrote:I think the Fry's refurb is a YMMV though. Some folks report getting refurbs that are on the original no fees, name+number caller id, voicemail notifications plan. Others like you mention the monthly taxes plan.
I agree with that. Since Fry's is pretty good on returns, I guess it's ok to buy one, see what the fees are. You might get lucky. On the other hand, if you aren't lucky and want out of the fees, just cancel the account and return it. Just don't complicate matters like we did by starting a number port and then deciding you want to switch boxes. Make sure you are comfortable with the fees/whatever you bought, then start the port if you want.

fishhawk

Post by fishhawk » Wed May 05, 2010 5:47 pm

Just wanted everyone to know my daughter's number port went through successfully today, as promised. I even got an email from "Newt" wanting to know if the port truly successful - that's what I call excellent service!

Only problem is when she calls, her caller ID name or number do not show up on my phone. Hopefully this is just temporary thing while it all works itself through the system. She is still on the Premier trial.

EDIT: Her caller ID is working fine now; must just have been a temporary thing.