Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
frenchcamp49er
Re: Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Post by frenchcamp49er » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:42 am

My blacklist is back
Customer Since: January 2009
Ooma Hardware: Ooma Hub/Scout; Telo 04/02/10
Ooma Service: Premier Lifetime (Since December 2009)

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:45 am

murphy wrote:My blacklist entries have returned.
Mine too.

lollipop

Post by lollipop » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:28 pm

Yes, my blacklist is back. Just to clarify, adding a phone number no longer disappears after you log out. Anything you've added before is still gone. I would wait till tomorrow before you start rebuilding your blacklist as per Bobby B the blacklists are expected to be restored.

kdmc69

Post by kdmc69 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Groundhound wrote:
murphy wrote:My blacklist entries have returned.
Mine too.
Mine is still empty......
Ooma Customer Since: August 2008
Ooma Equipment: 2 Telos + 2 HD2 Handsets
Ooma Service: Premier
Amped AC 1750 Router
TWC ->Router -> Telo1
TWC ->Router -> Telo2

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:34 pm

Mine is also still empty.

I haven't tried adding a new one since earlier today, which didn't work then, because I don't want to mess up the reload.

lollipop

Post by lollipop » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:53 pm

beachbum wrote:Mine is also still empty.

I haven't tried adding a new one since earlier today, which didn't work then, because I don't want to mess up the reload.
What I meant to say in my post was that I can add to blacklist from my call log, for example, and the entry does not go away after you log out and log back in. Try with one number. It should stick. The way I understood it from Bobby B, the blacklists the way you had them should return tomorrow - April 29. That's why I would not try to rebuild the blacklists right now. It would be a duplication of effort as they should come back.

whn

Post by whn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:29 am

All these problems with blacklists started when they moved to Ruby on Rails in December.

beachbum

Post by beachbum » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:09 am

whn wrote:All these problems with blacklists started when they moved to Ruby on Rails in December.
Ahhhhh. Going to a new language can create a lot of problems. Especially, if you have programmers that are learning the new stuff as they go. I have been involved in several system translations/transfers/rebuilds and this is usually the problem. I usually hear a lot of, "Gee, that's a lot different than <enter old language name here> used to do it..."

So, my offer of helping as a beta tester against a sample duplicate database still stands.

Oh, my Blacklist is has not yet reloaded, my hint was the unwanted phone calls this morning. (I would really like to disable the Multi-Ring again but...) I was finally able to log on a little while ago to confirm. Hopefully, it will be back today.

whn

Post by whn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:19 am

beachbum wrote:
whn wrote:All these problems with blacklists started when they moved to Ruby on Rails in December.
Ahhhhh. Going to a new language can create a lot of problems. Especially, if you have programmers that are learning the new stuff as they go. I have been involved in several system translations/transfers/rebuilds and this is usually the problem. I usually hear a lot of, "Gee, that's a lot different than <enter old language name here> used to do it..."

So, my offer of helping as a beta tester against a sample duplicate database still stands.

Oh, my Blacklist is has not yet reloaded, my hint was the unwanted phone calls this morning. (I would really like to disable the Multi-Ring again but...) I was finally able to log on a little while ago to confirm. Hopefully, it will be back today.

Everything was so smooth before they switch the web interface.

I hate when companies try to switch to Web 2.0 like youTube did and their horrid redesign.

I love OOMA but I just wish they kept the old working interface, had no problems until they switched to Ruby on Rails.

jtykal

Post by jtykal » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:40 am

still waiting for my blacklist entries to return