Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
beachbum
Re: Recent Call Logs and Blacklist Gone

Post by beachbum » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:42 am

My cell phone did not ring from the Multi-Ring all morning!!! When I got a chance, I cautiously looked at My Ooma and the Call Logs had tons of red entries showing that the numbers from the last several days were Blacklisted!!! Wheeee!!!

Then ever so gingerly, I checked the Blacklist and TAA DAA... MY BLACKLIST IS BACK!!! :D

I copied the list off in case it happens again. I am REALLY glad that the function is working again.

THANK YOU!

ps. My offer of being a special beta tester still stands. I can also put other people on it, if needed.

jtykal

Post by jtykal » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Good News: I'm not getting annoying calls from my blacklist anymore...

Bad News: I'm not getting ANY calls. All of my incoming callers hear a message "You have reached a nonworking number. Announcement 14 switch to 0 dash 4". :x

hpsan

Post by hpsan » Sun May 02, 2010 11:49 am

I am continuing to have problems with the Blacklist. Although all my numbers have returned, the incoming calls are not being blocked when set to the "Continuous Ring" setting. The calls show up on the call log as missed, and the red circle is also there. I have stopped using this setting, but am curious if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

whn

Post by whn » Sun May 02, 2010 3:11 pm

hpsan wrote:I am continuing to have problems with the Blacklist. Although all my numbers have returned, the incoming calls are not being blocked when set to the "Continuous Ring" setting. The calls show up on the call log as missed, and the red circle is also there. I have stopped using this setting, but am curious if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

I remember Continious ring did the same for me in the past.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:53 am

whn wrote:
hpsan wrote:I am continuing to have problems with the Blacklist. Although all my numbers have returned, the incoming calls are not being blocked when set to the "Continuous Ring" setting. The calls show up on the call log as missed, and the red circle is also there. I have stopped using this setting, but am curious if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

Is the phone connected to the Telo also ringing? If not, then that sounds like a good setting - the telemarketer doesn't get through but the call is still logged, so you know it was effective.

whn

Post by whn » Mon May 03, 2010 11:57 am

bw1 wrote:
whn wrote:

Is the phone connected to the Telo also ringing? If not, then that sounds like a good setting - the telemarketer doesn't get through but the call is still logged, so you know it was effective.
From what I remember, continous ring would still ring the phone at times, so I had to switch it to disconnect tone.