Skype is part of my call log. What the hey?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
johnz8
Skype is part of my call log. What the hey?

Post by johnz8 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:52 pm

I was looking at my call log and saw a drop down next to the nation icon, I dropped it down and it had Skype options to pick from? Is that normal or has my "Skype in" software infaltrated my ooma software? Or is it something from Firefox? I do have a Skype extention add on. Hmmm

I do have an IE mode in Firefox and when I use it the icon and the Skype drop down go away.
Last edited by johnz8 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who ever dies with the most toys wins.

WayneDsr

Re: Skype is paort of my call log. What the hey?

Post by WayneDsr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:24 pm

My call log hasn't changed, still shows normal view. When I installed Skype on my pc it seemed to take over anything that displayed a phone number!

Wayne

johnz8

Re: Skype is paort of my call log. What the hey?

Post by johnz8 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:19 pm

WayneDsr wrote:My call log hasn't changed, still shows normal view. When I installed Skype on my pc it seemed to take over anything that displayed a phone number!

Wayne
I think the Firefox add on for Skype did it. Thats ok. I can use it on the road with my friends that have also have Skype. It won't work for numbers that are land lines for me because I don't have Skype out. I sure hope ooma adds a soft phone feature. Then nobody could come close to offerr their versatility. They could provide the soft phone exclusively to customers who own the hardware ooma router. What a complete package that would be. All the soft phone would need to do is call out. Any caller could call your ooma phone and leave a message. In your hotel room or what ever you could view your messages and call them back on your laptop. We already have the ability to ring your cell phone but this would be a great add on.
Who ever dies with the most toys wins.