Overall Cost of OOMA

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Hollywood
Re: Overall Cost of OOMA

Post by Hollywood » Tue May 11, 2010 8:13 pm

sfhub wrote: So basically your assumption that what gets collected all goes to the government is not correct. Actually it could be the case that none of it goes to the government, especially if Ooma starts collecting taxes in addition to the existing fees. Right now it seems they are just eating the taxes.
[/quote]

I specifically did not assume that.

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Tue May 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Hollywood wrote:
sfhub wrote: So basically your assumption that what gets collected all goes to the government is not correct. Actually it could be the case that none of it goes to the government, especially if Ooma starts collecting taxes in addition to the existing fees. Right now it seems they are just eating the taxes.
I specifically did not assume that.
Hollywood wrote:The charges, as I interpret them are not for the free service on their end, but for taxes and charges that they have to pay out. If some of that is not "profit", then I was wondering how MagicJack does not have to pay out a similar cost.
Sorry, then, I must have read this the wrong way.

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood » Tue May 11, 2010 8:53 pm

your scenario of a profitable company seems possible. I hope so! :)

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri May 14, 2010 6:52 am

Hollywood wrote:
lbmofo wrote:I know someone with Magic Jack. The quality is really bad a lot of the times. Very dependent on PC; when that goes busy, adios phone call.
I know, I tried it. it is not a "real" replacement for a home phone service like ooma is.
BTW, this cracks me up everytime:

MagicJack's outspoken founder Dan Borislow on NetTalk

"It's a piece of shit. It has static. The call quality is pathetic. There's no phone numbers available, and it's run by a bunch of fly-by-nights with no assets. They'll be bankrupt soon. We're a real company with the best network and best software."