Bluetooth adapter is here!

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.

RealDave

Re: Bluetooth adapter is here!

Post by RealDave » Wed May 26, 2010 5:36 pm

jrg716 wrote:I already bought the iPhone app
iPhone app?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed May 26, 2010 5:44 pm

jrg716 wrote:....and I've been waiting since Feb. for it to "go live".

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed May 26, 2010 5:54 pm

"...users won't take on airtime charges." ????? :shock:

And this is from ooma:
"Multiply your Ring
Add the convenience of answering your mobile phone calls on any phone in your home. Plus you won’t have to worry about poor reception or dropped calls." ????

bw1

Post by bw1 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:44 pm

That blog entry is wrong - You can't make cell calls over VoIP using the Telo Bluetooth adapter and if you answer a cell call with a phone connected to the Telo through a Bluetooth adapter, airtime charges will apply.
lbmofo wrote: And this is from ooma:
"Multiply your Ring
Add the convenience of answering your mobile phone calls on any phone in your home. Plus you won’t have to worry about poor reception or dropped calls." ????
That could be accurate if you have good reception in only a certain spot in your house and you locate your Telo in that spot.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed May 26, 2010 7:18 pm

bw1 wrote:
That blog entry is wrong - You can't make cell calls over VoIP using the Telo Bluetooth adapter and if you answer a cell call with a phone connected to the Telo through a Bluetooth adapter, airtime charges will apply.

Right on.
lbmofo wrote: And this is from ooma:
"Multiply your Ring
That could be accurate if you have good reception in only a certain spot in your house and you locate your Telo in that spot.

Makes sense; still some people might believe the call would be going through VoIP and not the cell phone though.

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Thu May 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Mostly I did it to see what would happen. :D

Ideally, I was hoping the Telo might work as a fax output device or that the computer's speaker and mic might work for calling.

Using the Telo as a sound output device for the computer wasn't an outcome I expected or have a use for.

BTW, I also tried pairing the Telo with a Uniden ELX-500 cordless phone handset that has Bluetooth headset compatibility. The handset never found the Telo. Again, I did it to see what would happen. :)
Bobby B wrote:You mentioned you paired the Telo with your computer - were you trying to use the Telo handset for audio input/output for a soft client? We've done some experiments trying to pair the Telo with a computer for Skype calling and I was just curious to see what functionality you were looking for...
DTMF wrote:Thanks Bobby. Glad I got my experimenting done early. Now I know that there would be no advantage to me buying the adapter. :cool:
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

biznews

Post by biznews » Sat May 29, 2010 9:29 am

I ordered by Bluetooth adapter on Wednesday and never received confirmation, I don't see a place on the myooma website to check to see if the order was received and I haven't received any notice from UPS that they have the item to ship. Anybody else in the same boat? I'm beginning to thing I didn't "click through" ....but I remember that they had my credit card information.

philw132

Post by philw132 » Sun May 30, 2010 3:13 pm

I too ordered the bluetooth adapter and never received confirmation or ups tracking numbers. It sounds like this may just be the way their ordering system works.. ive heard others talk about this issue as well. Once enough people order and think the money went into a "blackhole" im sure ooma will include a "noreply@ooma.com" type of automatic email.
biznews wrote:I ordered by Bluetooth adapter on Wednesday and never received confirmation, I don't see a place on the myooma website to check to see if the order was received and I haven't received any notice from UPS that they have the item to ship. Anybody else in the same boat? I'm beginning to thing I didn't "click through" ....but I remember that they had my credit card information.
Customer Since: 4/6/10
Service/Hardware: Telo w/ bluetooth
Premier Expires: 6/02/12
Comcast Port: 4/15/10 - 5/17/10
Internet: Comcast Cable Top Speed Tier
Setup: Motorola SB6120 -> Cisco E3000 -> Telo
Phone: Vtech DECT 6.0 3-Handset / 1 Telo Handset

RealDave

Post by RealDave » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:44 am

biznews wrote:I ordered by Bluetooth adapter on Wednesday and never received confirmation, I don't see a place on the myooma website to check to see if the order was received and I haven't received any notice from UPS that they have the item to ship. Anybody else in the same boat? I'm beginning to thing I didn't "click through" ....but I remember that they had my credit card information.
I ordered it @ 2 AM one morning and it shipped that day.