Bluetooth adapter is here!

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
philw132
Re: Bluetooth adapter is here!

Post by philw132 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:15 am

I am still waiting for anything, i have yet to receive the adapter, a confirmation email or even a return email from support where i was asking where is my bluetooth, but they where quick about taking the money...l'm starting to wonder....
RealDave wrote:
biznews wrote:I ordered by Bluetooth adapter on Wednesday and never received confirmation, I don't see a place on the myooma website to check to see if the order was received and I haven't received any notice from UPS that they have the item to ship. Anybody else in the same boat? I'm beginning to thing I didn't "click through" ....but I remember that they had my credit card information.
I ordered it @ 2 AM one morning and it shipped that day.
Customer Since: 4/6/10
Service/Hardware: Telo w/ bluetooth
Premier Expires: 6/02/12
Comcast Port: 4/15/10 - 5/17/10
Internet: Comcast Cable Top Speed Tier
Setup: Motorola SB6120 -> Cisco E3000 -> Telo
Phone: Vtech DECT 6.0 3-Handset / 1 Telo Handset

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:01 am

philw132 wrote:I am still waiting for anything, i have yet to receive the adapter, a confirmation email or even a return email from support where i was asking where is my bluetooth
I see your bluetooth order in our system - let me ask support to see what happened to your order.

-Bobby
Bobby B

philw132

Post by philw132 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Bobby,

thank you very much for checking into that, support has finally answered back and said it is now on back order.. i was just surprised at that cause the money has already been taken out. normally if an item is on backorder, they let you know that at time of purchase and they dont bill you till they are able to process the order... ooma is a great service and i have been very happy with it and have even suggested the ooma telo to friends/family/co-workers but it seems the simple things have been forgotten like just a simple confirmation email, status of order, etc.. that would be a great suggestion for the website to be able to see pending orders.

again Bobby thank you very much for looking into this.. you have been very helpfull in the past and present when customer service has failed at helping.
Bobby B wrote:
philw132 wrote:I am still waiting for anything, i have yet to receive the adapter, a confirmation email or even a return email from support where i was asking where is my bluetooth
I see your bluetooth order in our system - let me ask support to see what happened to your order.

-Bobby
Customer Since: 4/6/10
Service/Hardware: Telo w/ bluetooth
Premier Expires: 6/02/12
Comcast Port: 4/15/10 - 5/17/10
Internet: Comcast Cable Top Speed Tier
Setup: Motorola SB6120 -> Cisco E3000 -> Telo
Phone: Vtech DECT 6.0 3-Handset / 1 Telo Handset

mafpi1

Post by mafpi1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:46 pm

murphy wrote:
jacque wrote:
The USB port on the Hub is not functional.
There's a USB port on the Telo too, is that one functional? Does anyone know if it would it be possible to plug in a USB headset there? If so, how would that work? I wouldn't want the call going through to the phone.

I have a USB headset somewhere, it would be nice to dig it out and be able to use it.
You can plug an Ooma branded Bluetooth adapter into the USB port if you are a Premier customer.

https://www.ooma.com/products/bluetooth
Just wondering if I have only one telo handset, is there any way of making only the telo handset ring for my cell phone. My cell phone is for business use, and I would not want all the phones in my house ringing for my cell phone which would happen from what I am reading. I have three little kids and that would be unprofessional. My free premier service is going to run out in two weeks and I am wavering on purchasing. This would be a huge factor in me renewing it. Thanks

mafpi1

Post by mafpi1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:48 pm

philw132 wrote:Bobby,

thank you very much for checking into that, support has finally answered back and said it is now on back order.. i was just surprised at that cause the money has already been taken out. normally if an item is on backorder, they let you know that at time of purchase and they dont bill you till they are able to process the order... ooma is a great service and i have been very happy with it and have even suggested the ooma telo to friends/family/co-workers but it seems the simple things have been forgotten like just a simple confirmation email, status of order, etc.. that would be a great suggestion for the website to be able to see pending orders.

again Bobby thank you very much for looking into this.. you have been very helpfull in the past and present when customer service has failed at helping.
Bobby B wrote:

-Bobby
When are you expecting more in?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:02 am

I heard a large shipment is arriving on Wednesday or Thursday.
mafpi1 wrote:When are you expecting more in?
Bobby B

bw1

Post by bw1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:01 am

mafpi1 wrote: Just wondering if I have only one telo handset, is there any way of making only the telo handset ring for my cell phone. My cell phone is for business use, and I would not want all the phones in my house ringing for my cell phone which would happen from what I am reading. I have three little kids and that would be unprofessional. My free premier service is going to run out in two weeks and I am wavering on purchasing. This would be a huge factor in me renewing it. Thanks
I don't think there is a way to configure the Bluetooth adapter to only ring a Telo handset and not ring any phones connected to the FSX port on the Telo.

Perhaps that's a feature that they could add.

Reinhard2410

Post by Reinhard2410 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:54 am

Are there other USB bluetooth adapters that will work besides the ooma one. This adapter (at least picture) looks identical to the toshiba one that I already have.

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:05 am

Reinhard2410 wrote:Are there other USB bluetooth adapters that will work besides the ooma one. This adapter (at least picture) looks identical to the toshiba one that I already have.
No, only the Ooma branded BT adapter will work.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Jerald

Post by Jerald » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Hey, why is that list of supported headsets so small? Do you think I will have problems with my Emerson headset:

http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-Over-Head ... AQ48AR3ZVT

Thanks,
burnside[/quote]

Hi Burnside, were you able get your Emerson headset working with the bluetooth setup? I ordered the same headset to use on my work computer.