Bluetooth adapter is here!

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Bobby B
Ooma Moderator
Re: Bluetooth adapter is here!

Post by Bobby B » Tue May 25, 2010 9:10 am

You mentioned you paired the Telo with your computer - were you trying to use the Telo handset for audio input/output for a soft client? We've done some experiments trying to pair the Telo with a computer for Skype calling and I was just curious to see what functionality you were looking for...
DTMF wrote:Thanks Bobby. Glad I got my experimenting done early. Now I know that there would be no advantage to me buying the adapter. :cool:
Bobby B

kruegs

Post by kruegs » Tue May 25, 2010 10:56 am

Just a quick follow up... despite not getting an automated confirmation of my order (placed yesterday), I did just receive a UPS ship notification that Ooma is sending my bluetooth adapter and it is slated to arrive on Friday according to UPS. :D Definitely excited to check it out.

burnside

Post by burnside » Tue May 25, 2010 11:00 am

Just got my UPS tracking number too!

jacque

Post by jacque » Tue May 25, 2010 12:16 pm

The USB port on the Hub is not functional.
There's a USB port on the Telo too, is that one functional? Does anyone know if it would it be possible to plug in a USB headset there? If so, how would that work? I wouldn't want the call going through to the phone.

I have a USB headset somewhere, it would be nice to dig it out and be able to use it.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue May 25, 2010 12:19 pm

jacque wrote:
The USB port on the Hub is not functional.
There's a USB port on the Telo too, is that one functional? Does anyone know if it would it be possible to plug in a USB headset there? If so, how would that work? I wouldn't want the call going through to the phone.

I have a USB headset somewhere, it would be nice to dig it out and be able to use it.
You can plug an Ooma branded Bluetooth adapter into the USB port if you are a Premier customer.

https://www.ooma.com/products/bluetooth
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jstuartdavis

Post by jstuartdavis » Tue May 25, 2010 12:49 pm

I'm not sure how this works.

I have terrible cellular service at my home. With the Ooma BT adapter would i be able to use my cell phone to talk through my Ooma voip connection, or does it just allow a Telo Handset to talk through the cell connection?

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue May 25, 2010 1:17 pm

jstuartdavis wrote:I'm not sure how this works.

I have terrible cellular service at my home. With the Ooma BT adapter would i be able to use my cell phone to talk through my Ooma voip connection, or does it just allow a Telo Handset to talk through the cell connection?
You can use a Bluetooth headset to answer a call to your Ooma phone line.
You can answer calls to your cell phone using the phone(s) connected to the Telo.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jstuartdavis

Post by jstuartdavis » Tue May 25, 2010 1:21 pm

murphy wrote:

You can use a Bluetooth headset to answer a call to your Ooma phone line.
You can answer calls to your cell phone using the phone(s) connected to the Telo.

So, not a solution my poor cell reception. :cry:

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue May 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Femtocell maybe your solution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femtocell

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Tue May 25, 2010 1:59 pm

You might want to call your provider and complain about the signal and see if they have any solutions.

People with Sprint have said the retention people can authorize a free Airave base stations on a case by case basis. They also sell the product and have a small fee for service. Airave is basically a cellular to IP/broadband base station which gives you strong signal in your home and routes through your broadband. I think they offer unlimited minutes for calls routed through broadband.

Other providers probably have their versions of the product too.