Bluetooth adapter is here!

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
kruegs
Re: Bluetooth adapter is here!

Post by kruegs » Mon May 24, 2010 1:49 pm

burnside wrote:Quick question, I thought the adapter was going to be free for Premiere members. It's showing up as $29.99 for me. Is that the same for you guys who are on Premiere?
I am a premiere member and it was/is $29.99 for me as well.

burnside

Post by burnside » Mon May 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Cool, thanks for the confirmation. In a blog earlier this month, the writer said that Premiere members wouldn't have to pay for the adapter. Oh well.

Hey, why is that list of supported headsets so small? Do you think I will have problems with my Emerson headset:

http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-Over-Head ... AQ48AR3ZVT

Thanks,
burnside

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon May 24, 2010 2:14 pm

I should ask our web team to clarify on the compatibility page - the list of headsets and phones on the page are known to be working, mainly through beta user reports and internal testing.

Many other devices will work, but they haven't been formally reported and verified to be working.
Bobby B

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon May 24, 2010 2:19 pm

burnside wrote:Quick question, I thought the adapter was going to be free for Premiere members. It's showing up as $29.99 for me. Is that the same for you guys who are on Premiere?
Yes. Where did you get the idea it would be free?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

tommies

Post by tommies » Mon May 24, 2010 2:35 pm

This BT feature require premier service. If you are on core or basic service, the BT will not work.
tommies

burnside

Post by burnside » Mon May 24, 2010 2:43 pm

murphy wrote:
Yes. Where did you get the idea it would be free?
http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2010-01/oom ... of-tricks/ (last paragraph)
or
http://www.geardiary.com/2010/01/08/oom ... he-system/

There were some other sites too if you google it. I guess things changed over the past few months.

levelbest

Post by levelbest » Mon May 24, 2010 4:48 pm

No love for core / original ooma folks? There's a USB adaptor on the back of the old hubs - why not enable this feature on both?

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Mon May 24, 2010 7:16 pm

levelbest wrote:No love for core / original ooma folks? There's a USB adaptor on the back of the old hubs - why not enable this feature on both?
The USB port on the Hub is not functional.

DTMF

Post by DTMF » Tue May 25, 2010 6:15 am

Bobby B wrote:FYI - generic adapters will stop working with the 37410 or later update.
DTMF wrote:FWIW, I was able to get this feature to work with a generic USB Bluetooth adapter that I had sitting in a drawer. I think I had picked mine up for $10 on sale a few years back.
Thanks Bobby. Glad I got my experimenting done early. Now I know that there would be no advantage to me buying the adapter. :cool:
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

doug

Post by doug » Tue May 25, 2010 9:07 am

levelbest wrote:No love for core / original ooma folks? There's a USB adaptor on the back of the old hubs - why not enable this feature on both?
The Telo not only uses different hardware, but the internal software is based on Freeswitch where the hub was a modified version of Asterisk. So I suspect there would be a major amount of work to make it also run on the hub. And that is assuming it could be done at all. I don't know enough about it to say one way or the other.