Personal blacklist

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
jacque
Re: Personal blacklist

Post by jacque » Thu May 27, 2010 8:04 pm

lbmofo wrote:Acutally, I'd PM/Email one of the staff Bobby B, Dennis P, or ntoy to look into it for you. May save you from power cycling and doing QoS setups :)
Good idea. I cringe when calling support.

"I have a problem with your web site."
"Reboot the Telo."
"No, you don't understand, it's not hardware, it's your web site."
"Reboot the Telo."
"And the dog threw up on the carpet."
"Reboot the Telo."
"Is there anyone else there who can help with this?"
"I can help you with that."
"Great! I have a problem with your web site."
"Reboot the Telo."

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri May 28, 2010 9:51 am

Can you click the "E-mail a report to Ooma" when you get this error page? I think you sent in another one earlier, but we want to check if the same problem traceback is occurring after some changes we pushed out earlier in the week.
jacque wrote:"We're sorry, there was a problem processing the page." My selection won't "stick".
Bobby B

illini

Post by illini » Fri May 28, 2010 11:13 am

For me, there is no "email a report to Ooma" option when the problem occurs. Here's the procedure that isn't working for me:

1) Go to call logs and click the "add to blacklist" button next to the number I want to blacklist.
2) This raises a "Manage Blacklist Item" dialog. I change settings (like category) and click Save.
3) The dialog now shows a pink strip across the top with the message: Service Temporarily Unavailable. Please Try Again.

If I close the dialog and go to the blacklist, I now see the number there although the service was supposedly unavailable. However, if I log out and then back in, no numbers appear in my blacklist. If I try to add a blacklist number directly from the blacklists page, exactly the same behavior occurs: pink strip with unavailable message, but the number shows anyway until I log in the next time.

jacque

Post by jacque » Fri May 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Bobby B wrote:Can you click the "E-mail a report to Ooma" when you get this error page? I think you sent in another one earlier, but we want to check if the same problem traceback is occurring after some changes we pushed out earlier in the week.
jacque wrote:"We're sorry, there was a problem processing the page." My selection won't "stick".
Yes, the page offered a link to email Ooma and to the forums. I chose to email and that apparently worked, I got the form page. I sent in an error report but never got an answer (that was, I think, 3 days ago.) The next day, the error page stopped appearing and my experience was identical to the one illini describes.

Thank you so much for responding here!

infusopharm

Post by infusopharm » Sun May 30, 2010 11:05 am

No luck getting this issue fixed. Three phone conversations and two emails. No impressed with tech support thus far. They needed my logon password in order to replicate the problems. My email response was they are working on it and maybe I should look for solutions on this forum.
If any help is here that would be great.
ticket number CS-47952

infusopharm

Post by infusopharm » Sun May 30, 2010 11:09 am

Good luck. I am waiting as well. Starting to regret my decision to change to Ooma.

jacque

Post by jacque » Mon May 31, 2010 6:34 pm

I thought I'd be fair and give them the holiday weekend off. I suspect the main team doesn't work on weekends, and this is a long one.

VicMatson

Post by VicMatson » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:03 am

Email them right now, they reset my password in ~1min! So someone is home!

jacque

Post by jacque » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:36 am

Bobby, you there? Any news on personal blacklists? I'm getting a repeated call every day that I want to block. I tested personal blacklists again yesterday and it is still broken.

hillhouse

Post by hillhouse » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:09 am

Just wanted to add my name to the list - went to add a number to my existing blacklist and got the "Service is temporarily unavailable" message. This is on a Core and Scout setup. Come on, OOMA. Why would we pay for Premier service if it doesn't work?

Update : this evening, the phone number I tried earlier to add showed up. And I was able to edit it to add the missing info.