Blacklist not working?

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
jakovach
Re: Blacklist not working?

Post by jakovach » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Same problem here, both at work with IE6 and at home with IE8. Eventually gave some sort of memory error at work, but at home it just locks up and won't respond until I click the blue x in the upper right corner of the 'Manage blacklist item' popup. I really need to add 213-239-2894 to my blacklist, calling several times daily this week!!

jfl

Post by jfl » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Blacklist is also not working for me - AGAIN. I keep having to be forgiving of Ooma's regular screw-ups and marginal customer service, but I can tell you that I have very nearly had all I can take after not quite 2 months.

FIX THE SERVICE AND STOP RELEASING UNTESTED CODE THAT SCREWS YOUR CUSTOMERS. FIX YOUR USER'S GUIDES SO THAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY USEFUL. FIX YOUR SEARCH FUNCTION SO THAT WHEN SOMEONE HAS A PROBLEM THEY CAN AT LEAST EASILY FIND ARTICLES WITH KEYWORDS IN THEM.

When you release software you should have a troubleshooting guide sent at least 1 week prior to your "Customer Service?" group so that when things go wrong they will know how to be helpful instead of fairly useless.

stumpy

Post by stumpy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Same here...cannot add to blacklist. Same little white box that says "manage blacklist". Well that exactly what I'm trying to do! Hey Ooma, can't you keep this thing fixed? It's always something!

azism

Post by azism » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:46 am

stumpy wrote:Hey Ooma, can't you keep this thing fixed? It's always something!
To be honest, from my point of view, Ooma has worked good and when contacting the Tech Support, they usually are quick to respond and get to the problem, of which I have had very few. I spent years as both a mainframe computer programmer and a PC application programmer. Then I went into Tech Support for my department as the manager and after that as the I.T. Asset Manager. I learned over the years things break for sometimes the craziest of reasons. Some could be fixed in minutes, and others took days.

This problem just started. Give them a chance to fix it. I'm sure the developer(s) is/are as frustrated as we are. Patience is a virtue. I find I get more by understanding their side also, especially when you've been on that side yourself.

Just my humble opinion here. :)
Tucson, AZ
Customer Since: March 13, 2009
Ooma Hardware: Telo; Linx; Bluetooth Adapter
Service: Lifetime Premier since April 2009

dhmorrow

Post by dhmorrow » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:55 am

Still broken!

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:28 am

It should be back up now - sorry about the delay in restoring the feature.
Bobby B

pdugg

Post by pdugg » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:20 am

At 3:16 EST, Safari produces a white screen. FireFox opens a second mini Call Log screen where I scrolled over to the blacklist icon and clicked it -- which did nothing.

azism

Post by azism » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Bobby B wrote:It should be back up now - sorry about the delay in restoring the feature.
I just tried it (13:30 hours Arizona Time) and nothing is different. :(
Tucson, AZ
Customer Since: March 13, 2009
Ooma Hardware: Telo; Linx; Bluetooth Adapter
Service: Lifetime Premier since April 2009

bw1

Post by bw1 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:49 pm

pdugg wrote:At 3:16 EST, Safari produces a white screen. FireFox opens a second mini Call Log screen where I scrolled over to the blacklist icon and clicked it -- which did nothing.
This is what I'm also seeing (second call log screen in pop-up) when I click the "Add to Blacklist" icon on the Call Log screen in Firefox 3.6.7.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:54 pm

Looks like the fix wasn't synced over to the call log page as well - try once again. I think both pages should be working now.
Bobby B