hub firmware updates

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Stuntman
Re: hub firmware updates

Post by Stuntman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:01 pm

roadshow wrote:Why doesn't OOMA post the Hub updates? Although the Hub is discontinued, there are many of that still use them. I feel like OOMA should post those updates on the forum too. Then we can better track when problems are fixed (or caused) by the updates.
The Ooma Hub is no longer being developed for or produced.. Ooma won't be adding any features to the hub and will only update the Hub firmware if something serious comes along...
Thankfully most of the issues people are having can be fixed externally to the device.. either at the point of location for that device or within the infrastructure at Ooma's servers...

roadshow

Post by roadshow » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:30 am

Stuntman wrote: The Ooma Hub is no longer being developed for or produced.. Ooma won't be adding any features to the hub and will only update the Hub firmware if something serious comes along...
Thankfully most of the issues people are having can be fixed externally to the device.. either at the point of location for that device or within the infrastructure at Ooma's servers...
I do realize that the Hub is not getting any new features, However, there was a Hub firmware update just a couple of months ago. I have had some recent OOMA issues. I should be able to have a way to determine if an update was performed that may have caused new issues. Sometimes the firmware "fixes" can break other things.

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:12 am

Are updates to the firmware automatic, or is user intervention required?

Thanks
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:28 am

EricJRW wrote:Are updates to the firmware automatic, or is user intervention required?

Thanks
They are automatic.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:28 am

murphy wrote:
EricJRW wrote:Are updates to the firmware automatic, or is user intervention required?

Thanks
They are automatic.
Thank you!
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5