hub firmware updates

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
WayneDsr
Re: hub firmware updates

Post by WayneDsr » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:10 pm

Wow, I would have loved that unit they threw away, I have friends in need right now that have no phone at all. That would have been a godsend for them.

Wayne
ooma customer since January 2009
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Lifetime Premier Member

Stuntman

Post by Stuntman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:36 pm

I was shocked.. but they had had it.. my point being in even mentioning this is that Ooma has customers that want the product, but if the support isn't there for them.. they will lose them.. now every family get together we end up with a "you should get an Ooma" vs. "don't even consider an Ooma" type debate.. given a bit of work I think we could have turned that around.. and I'm guessing my family isn't the only ones out there having this debate!

Anyhow.. enough about that.. Hopefully Ooma is aware of this, and will put a little more effort in both getting customers and retaining the ones they already have.

:P

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:31 pm

I now have 18+ family/friends with Ooma and all of them are enjoying Ooma without any issues. This could be because they are all in WA and northern CA.

NB2A

Post by NB2A » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:29 pm

Thanks for everyone hijacking my thread with responses that had nothing to do with MY original post!
Ooma responded back and answered my question but yet the complaints still followed

Can you please learn to read and post on your own threads!
I dont know why anyone in business wants to even deal with complaining people that love to whine like some do!

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:36 pm

NB2A wrote:Thanks for everyone hijacking my thread with responses that had nothing to do with MY original post!
Ooma responded back and answered my question but yet the complaints still followed

Can you please learn to read and post on your own threads!
I dont know why anyone in business wants to even deal with complaining people that love to whine like some do!
First off, I'm wondering if maybe you got stuck with tofu instead of turkey today - or maybe someone at the last piece of sweet potato pie! Your question was answered in the first reply - and it was not an ooma employee, just a nice fellow user who frequents the forum. Just a refresher below:
ajw522 wrote:Whenever there is an update, they are automatically pushed to your Ooma box from Ooma servers, provided your Ooma is online and connected to the internet. You don't have to do anything to get the update.

To view which firmware version you are on, log into setup.ooma.com, and click status. It will tell you on that page.

ajw522
It was accurate and completely answered what you were asking. From that point on, maybe a good response from you would have been, "Thank you." Remember that this is a user forum - other users can and will tag on to a thread.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Stuntman

Post by Stuntman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:48 am

Whining about the whiners.. Classic forum! ;)
Happy Thanksgiving all! Thanks for the help and forum to voice opinion and concerns.. And yes, even resolutions and success!

noisome

Post by noisome » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:55 am

What is the newest hub (not telo) firmware? Just wondering because I'm about to ask questions about DMZ and I want to make sure I'm up-to-date first and not waiting on an update. Mine is 39884.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:59 am

noisome wrote:What is the newest hub (not telo) firmware? Just wondering because I'm about to ask questions about DMZ and I want to make sure I'm up-to-date first and not waiting on an update. Mine is 39884.

Hello,

39884 is the latest for hubs.

noisome

Post by noisome » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:01 am

ntoy wrote:
noisome wrote:What is the newest hub (not telo) firmware? Just wondering because I'm about to ask questions about DMZ and I want to make sure I'm up-to-date first and not waiting on an update. Mine is 39884.

Hello,

39884 is the latest for hubs.

Okay thanks.

roadshow

Post by roadshow » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Why doesn't OOMA post the Hub updates? Although the Hub is discontinued, there are many of that still use them. I feel like OOMA should post those updates on the forum too. Then we can better track when problems are fixed (or caused) by the updates.