hub firmware updates

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
NB2A
hub firmware updates

Post by NB2A » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Can you please tell me how updates are done
How they are viewed to see version?

Thanks

ajw522

Re: hub firmware updates

Post by ajw522 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Whenever there is an update, they are automatically pushed to your Ooma box from Ooma servers, provided your Ooma is online and connected to the internet. You don't have to do anything to get the update.

To view which firmware version you are on, log into setup.ooma.com, and click status. It will tell you on that page.

ajw522
Customer since August 2009
Hardware: Core Telo w/ HD2 Handset;2 ooma Hubs
Lifetime Premier Subscription
iPhone 7 Plus w/Ooma Mobile App
Internet: AT&T U-Verse 50Mbps

Stuntman

Post by Stuntman » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 am

Is the HUB even being updated any longer or is it now at an 'End of Life' point? I keep reading about all the great advances in the Telo, but wonder if my Hub is not being looked at any longer for improvements. I talked a lot of people into getting the HUB, sure would be a shame to not have that unit optimized further as the developers find ways to improve the service.

tjnamtiw

Post by tjnamtiw » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:44 pm

They better support the hub! What worries me is that I haven't seen anyone from ooma posting any replies to all the problems people are having right now. I just 'paid off' the hub by not having a local phone so I'm not about to go into debt for the Telo until I accrue some money toward it AND they get the obvious problems ironed out.

What's up with no response from them? They used to be really on the ball.

Stuntman

Post by Stuntman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:53 pm

A lack or diminishing of response is almost never a good thing.. we can't be certain but we can be concerned.. they do pop in sometimes.. we'll just hope they are too busy to sit and supply feedback to the forums.. I would be happy with just a 'what we have been up to and what we are working on' type update once a month.. they don't have to, no.. but it would be nice.

tjnamtiw

Post by tjnamtiw » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:07 pm

Stuntman wrote:A lack or diminishing of response is almost never a good thing.. we can't be certain but we can be concerned.. they do pop in sometimes.. we'll just hope they are too busy to sit and supply feedback to the forums.. I would be happy with just a 'what we have been up to and what we are working on' type update once a month.. they don't have to, no.. but it would be nice.
That is EXACTLY what they USED to do!!!

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:19 am

Hello,

We understand your concerns and are doing everything we can to provide the best support to our customers.

We appreciate your patience!

Stuntman

Post by Stuntman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:32 am

As my Dad used to say.. sometimes you have to throw the dogs a bone..

I talked my brother and sister-in-law into buying a Hub about a year ago.. 3 months ago they tossed it in the trash.. literally (I wish I had stopped them!).. they were tired of the echo and delay and the odd noises.. and the lack of support both here online and through the email. They were remote to me so I couldn't help.. I imagine this could have been fixed and service sustained.. but they were lost due to lack of support ultimately.

I'm in for the long haul, unless things get a lot worse, but do appreciate an honest dialogue.. you can see by the list of Beta volunteers that many of us are willing to work through problems.. it is problems that aren't acknowledged that become a problem..

Hopefully we will get updates from Ooma as to the status of these fixes or even attempts to fix.. any and all of us are more than willing to do whatever it takes to make this work.. for us.. for our brothers and sisters-in-law and for our other family and friends that either are or could be Ooma customers.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:45 am

Hello Stuntman,

Acknowledged! You have a fair statement.

Voip has come a long ways. I can tell you for a fact that beta testing voip 10 years ago was not so favorable & was not a viable alternative to copper lines.

ALL of us here want to see Ooma succeed!

Thanks for being a loyal customer!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:56 am

Thanks ntoy, for your input.

But I don't understand what the fuss is all about? Is it about lack of updates on "calls going into VM after 1 ring" or what? If so, I hope folks would bring about issues/questions/complaints in related topics vs irrelevant threads like this one.
Stuntman wrote:I talked my brother and sister-in-law into buying a Hub about a year ago.. 3 months ago they tossed it in the trash.. literally (I wish I had stopped them!).. they were tired of the echo and delay and the odd noises..
Too bad your bro threw away some perfectly good money; they could have gotten some $ on eBay even if Ooma didn't work out for them.

Ooma works perfectly out of the box for most folks....I realize that it may not be the case for everyone, but there is a systematic way of working the wrinkles out. Problem could range from your ISP being POS to Ooma partner carrier having routing issues. But automatically blaming everything on Ooma is not the right approach.

Some people with POS ISP (this would include folks with "lite" DSL/Cable, ClearWire) and/or folks with good internet but modems going belly up calling "Ooma Sucks!" is the reason I posted this Voice Quality Issues? thread.