Use a Rotary Phone with a Pulse to Tone Converter

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
hbmcnabb@gmail.com
Re: Use a Rotary Phone with a Pulse to Tone Converter

Post by hbmcnabb@gmail.com » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:09 am

I am trying to get my old rotary phone working as well. I am using Dialgizmo" from Australia and when I am trying to call the number I get a message "all circuits are busy. What am I doing wrong? I am new to this.. thanks..

xboxman

Post by xboxman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:26 am

Hi
i need some help with my set up ...i have a western electric phone 1949 model 354 and i have a alldav pulse to tone converter with polarity reverser but when i try to make a call i get the ooma dial tone when i dial a number i can hear the tones but i still have a dial tone also and the call never goes through
any ideas ??

thanks Terry

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:34 am

Does the device store the dial pulses until the entire number has been dialed and then blast out the tones?
Where does the device get its power from? If from the phone line, that could be a problem.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

xboxman

Post by xboxman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:48 am

it sounds like it is making each tone as i dial each number and it is line powered from my ooma teleo device

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:03 am

There may not be enough current available from the Telo to power it properly. Are there any adjustments on the device to specify the length of the touchtone that it generates? Also the amplitude. Too loud causes distortion which Ooma may have trouble decoding.

Does the device have the ability to be powered from a separate power supply?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

xboxman

Post by xboxman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:49 am

the alldav device is only line powered no way to power it from a separate power supply that i know of (also the device must charge up for about 30 mins from the voip system) so i think you are right not enough power going to the alldav to work it right
and if i call my number from a cell the teleo does not have enough power to ring the 354 it will try to ring but just clicks
thanks