block incoming calls on Ooma Hub

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
psywzrd
block incoming calls on Ooma Hub

Post by psywzrd » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:23 am

So I have an old Ooma Hub that I rarely use; however, I do occasionally like to use it for outgoing calls (have Panasonic cordless handsets attached to it). Without paying for Ooma Premier, is there any way for me to prevent incoming calls from ringing through to the attached handsets? I would still like my Hub to log the calls and handle and voicemails that come in but I just don't want any of headsets to ring (or even light up) when someone calls my home number. Nobody I would want to talk to ever calls me on my home number so I merely want to be able to access Ooma's call logs and voicemails if the need should arise.

Is this possible?

TonyW

Re: block incoming calls on Ooma Hub

Post by TonyW » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:50 am

Do Not Disturb?

Sending all Calls to Voicemail – Do Not Disturb (p. 16)

If you don’t want to be disturbed for a while, enable Do Not Disturb mode by pressing and holding the Send-to-Voicemail Button for two seconds. This will send all your incoming calls directly to Voicemail. The Button lights up on all ooma devices in your home. You will not hear the phone ring when incoming calls arrive. Press and hold again to deactivate Do Not Disturb mode.

https://www.ooma.com/sites/default/file ... _hub_1.pdf

psywzrd

Post by psywzrd » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:58 am

That requires Premier though, yes? I'm not going to spend $10/month just for that feature. Is there no other way to accomplish this?

TonyW

Post by TonyW » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:23 am

So it is... my apologies. I just know it as a nuisance & have always had Premier... moving along.