Should I buy a new telo?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jcanavera
Should I buy a new telo?

Post by jcanavera » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:47 pm

I'm planning on buying 1 or two motion sensors for the Ooma security feature. Is there any reason (other that the ability to add additional sensors) to buy a Telo2 unit? I'm more curious whether there are performance improvements, better call handling etc., that would justify a new Telo.

Jack

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Should I buy a new telo?

Post by Tom » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Definite performance improvements. viewtopic.php?t=18675

gbcox

Post by gbcox » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:00 am

The rubberised surface on my Telo 1 has become sticky and is now a dust magnet so I was looking at getting another unit - but when I went to amazon, it said it was discontinued? So if that is the case when is the new unit coming out?

gbcox

Post by gbcox » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:39 am

Called customer support and got my question answered. Apparently, there is a new handset which will be called HD3 will not be compatible with the Telo Version 1 (which is the one which has the Line 1 and Line 2 button on it). The HD3 handset will only work with the Telo Version 2, which is the one currently being sold. So, if you need to swap out your Telo V1 base unit for some reason, make sure you replace it with a V2.

TheOldGrouch

Post by TheOldGrouch » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:06 pm

I could be wrong, but I'm betting that you probably have to have the Telo 2 to use the security system. If I am wrong, I'm sure someone will set me straight shortly.
Last edited by TheOldGrouch on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't mind getting old, but my body is taking it badly

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:53 am

Home Security is supported on Telo1 but only up to 3 sensors and with more limited performance.

rrjeep42

Re: Should I buy a new telo? NO, I have a solution!

Post by rrjeep42 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:35 am

I tried a multitude of suggestions to get rid of the sticky surface. Probably there are other solutions that work, but this is what worked for ME.
Cleaned with a liberal amount of alcohol (use enough so that while you are rubbing with a clean soft cotton cloth that the surface don't start grabbing or it will scratch).
Spray a coating of Plasti Dip Performix 11209 Clear Multi-Purpose Rubber Coating Aerosol (I purchased mine on Amazon for less than $6.00. Don't spray so much that the surface gets milky. Practice first on another flat surface that you can dispose of.
The result is an amazing matte finish that is not tacky and is fingerprint resistant.
I couldn't be happier with the look or the feel.