Generic Wireless Adapter?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
verta
Re: Generic Wireless Adapter?

Post by verta » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Just wanted to share that the combo wifi and Bluetooth adapter that I got a couple of years back appears to have died of overheating. I had to move the box around and bumped the adapter and it fell apart.

So on advice here, I bought a Netis WF 2111 and was delighted to find that it worked, just plug it in. I may buy another one as a spare. My cordless phone does Bluetooth so I don't need that in the Ooma anymore.

SPARK

Post by SPARK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:12 am

Hi,
I was trying to get a Generic USB Wireless Adapter for my Ooma Telo and noticed that Netis WF 2111 is working with Telo.
Can anyone tried other Adapters more powerful and faster?

DoubleBilled

Post by DoubleBilled » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Is anyone else getting double billed each month? ... and being insulted by Ooma repas because they won't look past our account number? Every month we are being billed twice from Ooma. When they refused to look beyond our account to see if another account was being charged to our payment method, we removed that credit card from Ooma's and replaced it with another source. So, now BOTH cards are being charged and they say only 1 is. They do not seem interested in researching why we are being billed twice each month,

Anyone else dealing with this headache!?

phroberts

Post by phroberts » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:24 pm

Another confirmation that the Netis WF2111 works for me. Thanks to the OP for letting us know! I used Ooma's instructions for setting up their WiFi adapter, and found the process to be identical.

http://support.ooma.com/home/ooma-telo- ... apter-faq/

It appears that the newer Ooma Telos come with built in WiFi, and I don't even see the original adapter available as an accessory any more - so this becomes even more useful information if Ooma is moving away from selling them. I paid about $6 shipped for mine on eBay.