"Partial" porting from Oooma to H2O Wireless???

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Dave0722
"Partial" porting from Oooma to H2O Wireless???

Post by Dave0722 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:01 pm

I'm in the process of porting my home number from Ooma to a cell phone - the carrier name is H2O Wireless and they're a virtual operator using AT&T cellular network. It's been a couple of days since I submitted the request to them. Right now, whenever I call my home number from any cell phone, the H2O Wireless cell phone rings - so that works the way it's supposed to work. But when I call my home number from a Google Voice number, my Ooma phone rings and the cell phone is silent - this is the part that is not working the way it should, as for some reason, some calls are being directed to Ooma instead to H2O Wireless. So looks like the number was ported "partially".

I asked the H2O Customer Service to investigate, and they said that on their end everything has been done and it's apparently up to Ooma to "fully release the number" (whatever it means). I checked the number on the Free Carrier Lookup website, and it's being shown as a cell phone number assigned to H2O Wireless.

So I'm puzzled about what is the actual status right now and why only some calls go to my H2O Wireless phone. Do I just call Ooma and request for the account to be closed (since the number is already shown as H2O Wireless number) and the device to be de-activated, or do I need to first ask them to release the number, then wait for all the calls to start going to my H2O Wireless phone first and then finally request for the account to be closed?

Thanks,
Dave

murphy

Re: "Partial" porting from Oooma to H2O Wireless???

Post by murphy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:46 am

Contact Google and ask them why they are routing your call incorrectly.
Their routing tables have not been updated to show the new destination.

Or just wait a few days. Routing changes on the analog phone network can take some time to get to all of the databases.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx