Voicemail Greeting Audio Quality

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jxmot0773
Voicemail Greeting Audio Quality

Post by jxmot0773 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Greetings,

I've been trying to get a decent greeting message recorded for my voicemail. However the quality is extremely poor. It's so bad that it would be embarrassing to allow callers to hear it. It's very scratchy and distorted with a "hollow" sound. I've tried recording it in different rooms in order to reduce any echo or reverberation caused by hard walls, floors, etc.

Is there any other method (with much better quality) for recording the greeting? Or is there a fix for this issue?

Thanks!

eric.w

Re: Voicemail Greeting Audio Quality

Post by eric.w » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:46 am

I am experiencing the same trouble. The quality of the audio is absolutely terrible and unacceptable for my business. There should be a way to upload an audio file for the voicemail greetings just like you can for the virtual receptionist.

EffectiveLearning

Post by EffectiveLearning » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:56 am

I'm new to this and I have the same issue. Did they ever offer anything to fix this?

jeffkirkley

Post by jeffkirkley » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:46 pm

I'm having the same problem. It appears they are recording the greeting in a very, very poor CODEC in order to save on storage space. However, they're standard machine greeting (not your personalized one) is of very high quality. Hmmmm. Ooma, how about fix this?!!!