Connect multiple Telo devices to a single Alexa account?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
stevecon
Connect multiple Telo devices to a single Alexa account?

Post by stevecon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:58 am

Is there a source for DETAILED information to make use of multiple Ooma Telo devices with Amazon's Alexa service (Echo, Dot, etc.)? If not, maybe someone has already successfully connected multiple Telo devices to a single Alexa account and has a list of pointers (and caveats?) to share.

Here's my situation:

I have a single Alexa account in my name that I'd like to used on several 4 different Telo devices and phone lines. The first Telo device is in my home, a second Telo device is at our weekend camp in a neighboring state (about 100 miles away), the third Telo device is at my mother's house (about 50 miles away) and the fourth Telo device is in my live-in mother-in-law the in the basement apartment of my house. There are Alexa Echo devices in all of these locations and are associated with my Amazon account.

Will this work for different people with different phone numbers (and even different area codes), contact lists, etc. under a single Alexa account? Will all calls go through the Telo device associated with my Alexa's account? Can Alexa be told to place a call through a specific Telo device - or do I need to have a different Amazon account associated with each Telo to ensure calls originate from the *local* Telo device?

Thanks!