Change Ooma phone number

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Healthe
Change Ooma phone number

Post by Healthe » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:35 am

Hi,
Has anyone tried to pick a phone number for your Ooma phone besides porting the old one? I was wondering if it is possible to choose a special phone number.

I've called the support number and was told to email support. I've tried emailing Ooma support, but have not received a response yet. I'm waiting to hear a response before I decide to keep my old phone number.

Thanks, Sandy :)

scots

Re: Change Ooma phone number

Post by scots » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:20 am

If you choose a new phone number rather than porting over your old number, you do get to select a number you'd like from a list of numbers. You put in the area code you want the number in, and then you're presented with a list of several numbers they have available in that area code. You can choose any number you want off of that list.

Now when you say "special" number if you mean something like if your name is Mary and you want the phone number 555-6279 (6279 spells out Mary on the keypad), I don't know if they can do something like that.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:17 pm

You can also get a list of available numbers in the Lounge -- If you have Premier just goto Preferences->Phone Numbers and add a number there.

From there you can find vanity numbers by using tools like: http://www.phonespell.org/
Bobby B

Healthe

Post by Healthe » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your replies! Since I don't have Premier, I've decided to port my old number for now. Sandy :)