Customer Support

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
GonzoFam
Customer Support

Post by GonzoFam » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Does anyone actually work there or is it just an endless see of hold music.

I have been trying to ask a question about my port for almost 50 mins now. So I called the support number. Every 2-3 mins I am told "You estimated wait time is 2 mins). A few time I have been told 3 mins or over 5 mins. The first time I waited for 40 mins to all of a sudden be transfer to generic voicemail stating extension is not availabe please leave a message. No I am just sitting here listing to the music and typing this so far since I started this message I have been told my estimated waiting time is 2 mins.

So is there any support with a real person or not?

networkingman

Re: Customer Support

Post by networkingman » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Try e-mailing them. But don't try to give them multiple issues as it seems they don't read all of your e-mail. This really is a great system but if you need customer support, well good luck.

oomaholic

Post by oomaholic » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Sad, because the system actually works really well. I'm a happy customer other than contacting "customer support." What an oxymoron?

hwgang

Post by hwgang » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:59 am

I've had a complication that has required lots of ooma tech intervention. It was a OOAK problem, though.

I've received unbelievable courtesy and attentiveness, the personal email of management and personal attention on a Sunday from someone working nearly 24/7.

I'm blown away by the level of commitment and the honesty about where ooma is currently falling short. This is a growing pain and as long as the help I finally get is as polite and comprehensive as it has been, I'll hang in there. I've become a huge fan. Anyone can shine when everything's going well. A true test is to shine when things are hitting the fan. ooma personnel have impressed me every step along the way.

I've also sat on hold for long periods of time. Had email returned a week later, etc. and am not any more blind to their growing pains than they are. Their client base has recently grown by leaps and bounds.

My best advice is to call when they open. Get near the front of the line that way. Put your phone on speaker or zone out on another task and you WILL get them.