Outgoing Caller ID Name

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jmassimilla
Outgoing Caller ID Name

Post by jmassimilla » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:05 pm

Is there any way of knowing when your name will show up on outgoing caller ID? It's been about 3 weeks and I know there are people who won't pick up because they don't recognize the name (Ooma, inc) or number. My wife actually had someone curse at her because they thought that she was a solicitor. When I signed up with Vonage, the name was there from day 1. Same with Voicewing.
Customer since Feb 2009
2 Hub/Scout
1 Telo/Handset
Lifetime Premier Subscriber

RickO

Re: Outgoing Caller ID Name

Post by RickO » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:08 pm

I have a similar problem. My outgoing caller ID dispays "Out of Area" instead of my name. Talked to customer service today and was assured it would be resolved.

RCH

Post by RCH » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:55 pm

I also have the same issue. I have had OOMA for about 3 weeks and when I call out, the person on the other end tells me that the name area has my city listed and then the number. I just got a friend on OOMA this past weekend and when he calls me, his ID says the city he is from and then his number. I would think that the name could be sent as easily as the number. I have not called customer service hoping that it will eventually show the name.

Is there anyone out there, that when they call out, their name shows in the caller ID. And if so, how long did it take to start showing?

Thanks... RCH

RickO

Post by RickO » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:13 pm

I've called customer service about this issue, (3X over the past month). Received a call back from ooma yesterday. They are trying to fix the problem. I've got my fingers crossed. This is about the only complaint I have with the phone service. If my name shows up on the outgoing caller ID instead of "Out of Area", I will be a happy camper.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:53 pm

I've had ooma for 2 months and my caller ID still shows my city name and not my name.

No big deal for me, but I thought I'd add my experience.

Wayne