OOMA freaking out on its own?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
wgdecker
Re: OOMA freaking out on its own?

Post by wgdecker » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:52 am

I know this thread is old, but in case anyone new comes across it as I did:
I was having a similar "freak out" problem with my box, it would just randomly beep, and start playing back saved VM's, sometimes in full, sometimes repeating the first few seconds.
I isolated the box from other possible RF interference, no help.
I did the factory reset and this didn't help either. Eventually called service line, and they told me to go online and delete any saved voice mail messages. He said these were preventing the box from fully going through the factory reset/reboot process.
He wasn't totally clear about why this was, something about them "being in the database".
Once I did this, and rebooted the Ooma box, everything went back to normal.
Hope this helps someone.

ttp3317

Re: OOMA freaking out on its own?

Post by ttp3317 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:14 pm

This happened to me when I switched to cable internet. My cable router/modem/WiFi device is now about 8 inches from my Ooma Telo and Linx devices (no Ooma handsets). Fortunately, my cable router has two WiFi frequencies; 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. I logged into my router and disabled the 2.4GHz frequency so that it would not conflict with Ooma's 2.4 GHz frequency. It seems to have solved the problem. Time will tell if it is a permanent fix.

Update: 3 days late and the problem resurfaced. I moved my Ooma Telo to the opposite end of my house. Once again, seems to have fixed the issue. Time will tell.