Outgoing calls not from me

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
murphy
Re: Outgoing calls not from me

Post by murphy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:29 pm

If you have the Telo connected to your house wiring, disconnect it and just connect one phone to the Telo. Did that stop the calls? If it did, investigate every connection to a phone line in your house. Verify that the house wiring was completely disconnected from all land line phone companies.
Devices that make automated calls
ReplayTV
TiVo
Heart monitor
Phone modem connected to a computer
Automatic reorder unit for an oil tank
FAX machine that is failing and doing repeated calls
Alarm system dialing over and over because it can't communicate if the Telo is not in alarm mode.
Older DirecTV box
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

GWW

Post by GWW » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Have no telephony devices hooked up at all and own none of the devices you mentioned connected. Since posting have had 6 more outbound calls made to 6 different area codes.

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:52 am

Google the phone numbers to see if there is anything common about them.

Ooma has always stated that it was not possible for the Telo to make a phone call on its own.

Is the single phone, that is connected to the Telo, a cordless phone? If it is connect a dumb phone to the Telo instead to see if that stops the calls.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

GWW

Post by GWW » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:21 am

OOMA HAS BEEN HACKED. Disconnected the phone and have had a half dozen calls outgoing to different area codes across the country logged from 0 seconds to 3:26. Something internally at OOMA may have been triggered (unless they are working on a fix) for the last 3 calls outgoing logged were to 010-0100 a minute apart for 8 seconds.

TonyW

Post by TonyW » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:36 am