I still have issue w/caller ID not showing my name.

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
diddlydoo
Re: I still have issue w/caller ID not showing my name.

Post by diddlydoo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:12 pm

It does seem like I've heard someone say it does say VOIP but someone's phone was unknown caller or something like that.

I wonder if I can get this fixed. Can't Ooma go in and fix it? How come it works for other people that have premier but not with mine? ...just curious. It seems like it should be something ooma could fix or at least respond back to me.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:19 pm

Take a look at this: http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... 94/kw/cnam

Call Ooma customer support and open a ticket; tell them that your outgoing callerid name is still not provisioned correctly (showing VOIPO LLC instead of your name in your Ooma account).

diddlydoo

Post by diddlydoo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks so much lbmofo.

I've contacted Ooma twice about this in the past but so far no luck with getting it fixed so I was hoping I could get some help here but I'll try calling once more.

You've been quite helpful.

While I have ya, do you know why I still get calls from numbers in my blocked call list? That's frustrating also.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:21 pm

I'd email ntoy and have him look into your situation. He maybe able to help at least on the blacklist issue.

diddlydoo

Post by diddlydoo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:11 am

Thanks. I did that a couple days ago and he did write me back and said he forwarded my concerns to the provision team. He said they be escalating to our carrier to further investigate.

I appreciate this but I wonder how long this takes to get a response. Oh well I'll call sometime today to see if I can get help with my issues.

It seems they always tell me they are forwarding to such and such a dept and then that's the last I hear about it. That's why it hadn't been fixed in over 6 months and I've also had the blacklist people still calling for a while too. They tell me they fixed something on their end and that should take care of it but then I keep getting the calls.

Sometimes I just feel like I get the run-around. Thanks though for you help!

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:01 pm

I truly understand your concerns. Believe me, if there was a switch I could flip to correct your issue, I would do so. Unfortunately, there are several parties involved & we rely on them.

Just to confirm, is this happening on ALL outbound calls? Please send me a personal message & we can work offline.

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... 94/kw/cnam

diddlydoo

Post by diddlydoo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Thanks ntoy for your help. Yep, it's happening on all outbound. I'll just be patient but sometimes that's hard when I've complained about these issues before and I'm paying for them to work and they haven't for the amount of time I've had Ooma.

I don't take it out on anyone personally and I appreciate the responses so much. I at least feel like someone is trying to help. :D I get back to them after Thanksgiving and see what the status is.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:37 pm

No worries diddlydoo! I like to see things work. Perhaps 3rd time is the charm???

Have a great Thanksgiving!

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:49 am

lbmofo wrote:Go to http://tnid.org/ and search your number to see if it shows a name. If no name or state's name, then it doesn't mean anything but if there is a name like Ooma Inc. or your own name, then your outgoing callerid should be reflecting that name.
Any idea why does tnid show our name as "caller id"? Normally this name is the user name, but it does not have to be... So why does tnid not really know who has the number, rather just what is being used as the caller ID? Is this a privacy thing? I can see caller ID is rather public just by the way it is used.

Thanks
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:31 pm

tnid.org is not accurate sometimes. For instance, every other carrier I call, my callerid shows up correctly. However, recently tnid.org lost my name and puts in my state instead; tnid.org used to have my correct name too but not anymore.