Incoming calls ring once and go to voice mail

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Tom
Ooma Moderator
Re: Incoming calls ring once and go to voice mail

Post by Tom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:45 am

Thanks lbmofo. Likely the problem is that sometimes when you come home you turn the cell phone off, assuming you are in fact forwarding to a cell phone. When enabling multi-ring and forwarding to a cell phone (CP) please be aware of the following:

If you forward to the CP but the CP is off, then the cell provider will answer immediately and prompt the caller to leave a message. Because the call was answered, Ooma stops ringing the telo since we have no way of knowing whether an actual person or the provider answered (and of course we don't know if the CP is powered off). But if you enable "require key press" then when the cell provider answers, Ooma continues ringing the telo because we're waiting for someone to press 1 to accept the forwarded call.

peteshah

Post by peteshah » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:51 am

I am having this problem too. Ooma seemed to be working in late February but then stopped
now when i dial it rings once and then nothing. When people call it rings once and then goes to
voicemail.

Tried rebooting.

I have a Belkin ADSL modem/router .

I had no issues with Vonage before but this just wont work

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:15 pm

also outgoing calls ring once only and then nothing
Your unit ran into bug 9681 which is a bug that crops up on some networks. The solution is to power cycle the box. That will work most of the time. If not then call support and they will escalate the issue. I went ahead and rebooted your unit.

Evanpeters90

Post by Evanpeters90 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:51 pm

I have a similar issue. I have Ooma as my house phone. Calls received from one specific phone number(my wife's office number) will ring 4 times and then go silent. The Ooma phone at my house never rings though. We used to receive the calls from this number but now it will not ring through. Im at level 3 troubleshooting service and I'm getting no resolution.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:51 am

Found the ticket. Was there no 2-way audio on the 7/21 11:07 call that lasted 145 sec? (from number ending in 3000)

Post by 8456660266 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:07 pm

This is for my mom in a nursing home. I set the number of rings to 9 and this has worked since we got this over a year ago. The problem now is it rings once and goes straight to voicemail. The call does show up in the logs and the voicemail is recorded properly but my mom does not understand how to retrieve voicemail. I set it to 9 rings as it takes her some time to get the call. She is able to call out without a problem. We did try rebooting the box but that did not change anything.