Opting out of directory assistance?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
lbmofo
Re: Opting out of directory assistance?

Post by lbmofo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:38 pm

leob wrote:Thank you. I am not going to test it, though. ;)
Good call. One thing though, if you are at home and call any number you think is supposed to be toll free and you get the "you have xxx minutes" message, that's the sign to hang up.

Using home Ooma, I found the following:

Of the 2 "Verify your long distance" numbers,

700-555-4141 <-- "your call can not be completed" - good but still a problem with Ooma mobile app.
your area code-700-4141 <-- tried a couple of area codes and got busy signal - that's good with me

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Ok, it should be fixed in the Ooma Mobile case as well (when dialing you'll hear ringback then a disconnect).
Bobby B

leob

Post by leob » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:37 pm

lbmofo wrote:One thing though, if you are at home and call any number you think is supposed to be toll free and you get the "you have xxx minutes" message, that's the sign to hang up.
That call being my first, I haven't realized that in time. When exactly does the paid time start, do you know?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Hanging up anytime during the minutes announcement means the connection doesn't actually happen so won't be charged. In cases, international call for example, where there is ringing involved too, hanging up anytime before the other end answers also will not incur any charges.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Bobby B wrote:Ok, it should be fixed in the Ooma Mobile case as well (when dialing you'll hear ringback then a disconnect).
Confirming. The ringback was almost "continuous ring" blacklist feature like :)