Outside caller unable to call in

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
utahsnow
Outside caller unable to call in

Post by utahsnow » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Been having problems with one certain outside caller not being able to call my Ooma number. This is one of my most frequent callers and very important to me. This caller had no issues calling me for the first 6 months that I had Ooma, but now for the past two weeks, when she calls, her calls go direct to my Ooma voicemail. My phones don't ring, the call goes straight to voicemail. I tried turning of both blacklists and also turning off rejection of anonymous calls, even though she is not anonymous and not on my blacklist, but this made no difference -- she still goes straight to voicemail.

I called Ooma customer support, but the results were very disappointing. I feel that the rep basically made up a bogus theory on the spot just to get me off the line. The theory was that, because my Ooma number is a ported number and the caller is a customer of my previous provider, Qwest, this is a Qwest problem. However, most of my callers are Qwest callers and no other caller is having this same problem. And, it doesn't really explain why she had no problems calling me for 6 months after my number was ported. Furthermore, if it were a Qwest problem, her calls probably wouldn't go through at all, but they are making it through to my Ooma voicemail. The customer support rep promised to call Qwest and ask them to make sure my number was completely cleared from their system and call back by the end of the day and give me a report. He never called back and the problem still persists.

ntoy

Re: Outside caller unable to call in

Post by ntoy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Hello,

Is your caller having 100% failure to connect? Your issue maybe related to:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9832&start=110

utahsnow

Re: Outside caller unable to call in

Post by utahsnow » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Yes, 100% failure.