Was anyone else lied to???

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
EricJRW
Re: Was anyone else lied to???

Post by EricJRW » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Yeah, I guess what I'm trying to sort out is if L1 & L2 are both on the hub and/or scout's "phone" port. I don't need it, but it would be a selling point for a family member (who has 2-line phones in their home).
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:26 am

EricJRW wrote:Yeah, I guess what I'm trying to sort out is if L1 & L2 are both on the hub and/or scout's "phone" port. I don't need it, but it would be a selling point for a family member (who has 2-line phones in their home).
There is one line on the hub and one line on the scout.
Sit a scout next to the hub.
Connect the wall port of the hub to the wall port of the scout.
Connect the phone port of the hub to line 1 of your two line phones.
Connect the phone port of the scout to line 2 of your two line phones.
If you have Premier the main phone number is on the hub and the second phone number is on the scout.
This arrangement does not give you access to the "instant second line".
You would need a second scout, that does not have it's own phone number, for that.
Instant second line has nothing to do with a second phone number.
You can have the instant second line with only one phone number but Premier is required.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

overzeetop

Post by overzeetop » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:07 am

If you buy two Telos to get a true two line system, can you connect them to the same Premier account so you only pay one Premier fee, or will you be charged $19.98/mo (plus double taxes) if you want a second accessible line?

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:06 am

overzeetop wrote:If you buy two Telos to get a true two line system, can you connect them to the same Premier account so you only pay one Premier fee, or will you be charged $19.98/mo (plus double taxes) if you want a second accessible line?
Two Telos are two independent phone systems and require two accounts. Each account has it's own Premier fee and taxes.
However with two Telos do you really need Premier at all or on both of them?

overzeetop

Post by overzeetop » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:37 am

We currently have two lines; one is for my office and one for the "rest of the house." If the office phone works well after the port (coming in 2 days), then we might consider switching the house line to ooma as well. Since the call blocking, forwarding/failover and voicemail niceties are things we'd like to have on the home line, too, that would necessitate premier. As that line is tied into about 6 remote phones, it can't be handled off of a Telo Handset as the second line,and I don't want to be calling out on the main line with CID as my personal number.

Don't get me wrong, a second Ooma premier fee is still cheaper than Verizon, but it would be nice to have a "household" account rather than paying multiple times. Maybe I should check - will two Telos play nice on a single internal network?

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:41 am

overzeetop wrote: Maybe I should check - will two Telos play nice on a single internal network?
Yes, they will play nicely together. I currently have a hub and a Telo - as well as a Cisco ATA I use with another provider - all connected to my network switch as if they were PC's. And there are many who have 2 or 3 hubs or Telo systems. You can daisy-chain the systems, but I think it is better to use them as I have stated. Remember to prioritize RTP traffic on your router unless you have a huge Internet pipe.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:43 am

I have a Telo and a hub on my network.
They are both behind my router.
A call from one to the other works fine.

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:28 pm

hwlaster wrote:I got all of my stuff from either Customer Service, Sales, or BB. BTW "damn" is not considered a curse word. So if there is a person who works for OOMA. I demand my stuff that I was promised.
I consider it a curse word, except when used literally. So do many people. Perhaps you run in a rough crowd.

luvsaving$

Post by luvsaving$ » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Thanks -
Steve

Greater Chicagoland
Ooma Telo & handset
Ooma provisioned tel no.
AT&T (Formerly SBC) DSL (integrated router/modem)
* Upload speed > 5MB / Download speed ~.4MB
* Jitter 4ms / Packet Loss = 0% / Ping 62ms

BackupBob

Post by BackupBob » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:32 pm

luvsaving$ wrote:I'm just sayin...
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/damn
All of the technicalities matter not.

When you are dealing with people at a company and things go a little wrong you will not help anything by cursing, swearing, raising your voice, FLAMING THEM, and the like. This puts the other party on the defensive and drastically limits the help they can provide. It is not fun dealing with people who are angry.

If one of the support people at Ooma were overhead using bad language they would likely be counseled or fired. Their bad language or an attitude could cause lost business and no company can afford that. As they say, bad news travels like wildfire but good news travels slowly. The chances of people reading about one errant representative are far better than reading about a hundred good ones.

When a customer uses bad language or appears to have an attitude they become a liability for the person dealing with them. One mistake and they may be reported to a supervisor. The customer's chances of getting what they want are greatly reduced, especially if a rule must be bent to give it to them.

Using the word "Damn" in anger is generally considerd to be swearing, not cursing. Whatever you may call it, it is not good practice in business and it should not be regular practice in your daily life. Now, if you smack into a tree while trying to outrun a polar bear in the woods, please feel free to use the word.