Multiple hubs... benefit?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
juicy360
Multiple hubs... benefit?

Post by juicy360 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:28 pm

I see a few posts from people with multiple ooma hubs. I understand the need for multiple scouts, but what would the benefit of multiple hubs at the same location be?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Multiple hubs... benefit?

Post by Bobby B » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi juicy360,

There's really no benefit for connecting ooma Hubs in series or in parallel. I think we've seen several users try to connect it in this manner because they have more than one ooma Hub at a single location.

Prior to March, this multiple hub setup in a single location was a necessity if you wanted multiple phone numbers, since only one number could be assigned to one device. Now, you can setup multiple phone numbers with ooma Premier (either during the trial or as a subscriber).

-Bobby
Bobby B

atici

Post by atici » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:37 am

I'd like to use ooma in two different locations (in two different continents) and have ooma premier on my original hub.
  • Can I simply extend the premier account to the new hub without paying more using "add new device" on the original account?
  • If I use "add new device" to add the new hub, can I choose a new number for it to be used in a different location? Do I need to pay for the new number?
  • Earlier posts say that when there is a call in the original hub, the new hub's line light will also flash. Is this the case or can I change this behavior?
  • Could these two hubs place a call between each other if they both belong to one account?
Thanks.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:26 pm

Hello atici,

Unfortunately you cannot extend your ooma Premier service to a second Hub. Each ooma Account is associated with a single Hub. When you add an ooma Hub device in the ooma Lounge, you're actually just disassociating your current Hub from the "shared devices" and defining it as a private device with separate voicemail.

It may be possible to ring two ooma Hubs with the same phone number in the future when we offer call forwarding, but they would function independently of each other.

Hope that helps!

-Bobby
Bobby B