Ooma App Android

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Lilly's_Closet
Re: Ooma App Android

Post by Lilly's_Closet » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:46 pm

You are correct with regard to if you are out of contract you can remove the data package and you will be charged on a pay per use for data unless you put a wix block on that line.

However, the assumption here is that you have a cell account that is out of contract and you are bringing either an Android or Iphone to the table to make it work with the HD application.

murphy's suggestion may be better, i will have to test my droids to see if wifi works without the SIM. I just realized that my Droid Incredible (Verizon) doesn’t have a SIM so that rules out the Verizon network I will check the ATT Droid latter.

70 buick

Post by 70 buick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Who has the earliest termination to a data plan with smart phone that applys to the Ooma app?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:15 pm

I think they are all 2 year contracts. iPod touch doesn't work for you?

70 buick

Post by 70 buick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:09 pm

I am looking to get 3 smartphones (Ooma compatable). I only need a data plan for one. Hoping to gain the advantage of the Ooma app fo 1000 cell minutes.

70 buick

Post by 70 buick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:11 pm

and yes thats the problem $600 dollars out the door for a data plan for 2 years I do not need.

70 buick

Post by 70 buick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:12 pm

12 x 30 x 2 = $600

70 buick

Post by 70 buick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Lilly's_Closet wrote:You are correct with regard to if you are out of contract you can remove the data package and you will be charged on a pay per use for data unless you put a wix block on that line.

However, the assumption here is that you have a cell account that is out of contract and you are bringing either an Android or Iphone to the table to make it work with the HD application.

murphy's suggestion may be better, i will have to test my droids to see if wifi works without the SIM. I just realized that my Droid Incredible (Verizon) doesn’t have a SIM so that rules out the Verizon network I will check the ATT Droid latter.
Thanks Lilly

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:06 pm

lbmofo wrote:
70 buick wrote:Ibmofo, have you subscribed to the Ooma app? If so, what is your opinion?
I enjoyed the previous iteration of the app (before the HD) much better. Now, I am having issues with remote system understanding my DTMF entries; also the voice quality is a bit choppy. It may have to do with my iPhone being very old (3G). Not sure but I will find out when I upgrade my hardware. I have yet to test the voice quality on my friends' iPhone 4s; I plan to do that soon.
New development. I tried the app today. Whether via wifi or 3G, the DTMF issue I was having (having VM system at work recognize my button presses for mailbox and password) is no longer.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:36 pm

lbmofo wrote:
70 buick wrote:Ibmofo, have you subscribed to the Ooma app? If so, what is your opinion?
I enjoyed the previous iteration of the app (before the HD) much better. Now, I am having issues with remote system understanding my DTMF entries; also the voice quality is a bit choppy. It may have to do with my iPhone being very old (3G). Not sure but I will find out when I upgrade my hardware. I have yet to test the voice quality on my friends' iPhone 4s; I plan to do that soon.
I tried the app out using my friends' iPhone 4 and 3Gs. The app works great on these phones. No issues at all. iPhone 3Gs had a little bit of the choppy sound or crackling noise but kind of rare (not nearly as much as with my old iPhone 3G hardware). So, I think my old iPhone 3G just can't handle the processing power the HD app might need to work without some jerky sound issues.

Lilly's_Closet

Post by Lilly's_Closet » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:32 am

The HD application still sucks on both my Droids, I can honestly say of the 35 applications I have installed it’s the only one that is that has been a disappointment. I had to take it off both my phones today because of the constant crashing….maybe I will try back next year...maybe by then it will be called the HD 3D Mobile App...Whatever as long as it works.