Ooma App Android

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
pwog66
Re: Ooma App Android

Post by pwog66 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:09 pm

not working for me now, i regenerated new pw and enter it, save it, go to call and says network disconected ? wifi is working fine on the galaxy tab, Needed to regenerate a pw, but was working with old pw... ooma icon is red not green too? :?:

lbmofo

Re: Ooma App Android

Post by lbmofo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:41 am

lbmofo wrote:If you own the phone outright (buy from eBay for example), you are not required to sign up to a data plan; just need a voice plan and use wifi. You'd need to make sure to turn off cellular data capability so you don't accidentally consume lots of data on pay as you go plan and pay through your nose as a result.
Lilly's_Closet wrote:You are correct with regard to if you are out of contract you can remove the data package and you will be charged on a pay per use for data unless you put a wix block on that line.

However, the assumption here is that you have a cell account that is out of contract and you are bringing either an Android or Iphone to the table to make it work with the HD application.

murphy's suggestion may be better, i will have to test my droids to see if wifi works without the SIM. I just realized that my Droid Incredible (Verizon) doesn’t have a SIM so that rules out the Verizon network I will check the ATT Droid latter.
I was mistaken. Now, I think all major carriers require mandatory data package if you have a smartphone whether you own the device or not. This is really illogical but hey...

http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Gener ... -p/1992170