taxes on Premier if I add it?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
notech
taxes on Premier if I add it?

Post by notech » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 am

I've had Ooma a few weeks and am thinking of adding premier when the free period ends. My taxes/fees are $3.47 a month now. How much will the taxes go up if we add Premier?

thx!

ntoy

Re: taxes on Premier if I add it?

Post by ntoy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:56 am

Hello,

The taxes & fees are not based on purchasing premier. However, the taxes are government regulated. Prices are subject to change.

notech

Post by notech » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:11 am

thx, so taxes are not based on cost? telo no cost monthly = $3.47 total taxes/fees.

Regulatory Compliance Fee
$1.59
911 Service Fee
$1.59
Federal Universal Service Charge (what's this?)
$0.29
State and local taxes, fees and surcharges
$0.00
Total: $3.47

So you're saying the additional $9.99 per mo for Premier would not increase the $3.47 taxes/fees? ie: it's not based on dollar value of the service, but a flat rate tax?

thx

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:25 am

Some of the costs are currently absorbed by Ooma. We are still working on the details.
And yes, the tax/fees are currently a flat rate of $3.47 per month.

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:07 am

notech wrote:Federal Universal Service Charge (what's this?)
$0.29
All phone company customers pay this fee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Service_Fund
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

notech

Post by notech » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:39 am

murphy wrote:
notech wrote:Federal Universal Service Charge (what's this?)
$0.29
All phone company customers pay this fee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Service_Fund
yeah i got that. i have no complaints about the $3.47. i just don't want them to go up based on cost of service, so i won't sign up for premier until i know for sure. i got rid of ATT for their tax and fees and don't want to deal with them again.

here's my last att bill taxes and fees:

Federal Subscriber Line: 5.26
911 Fee .34
Federal USF: 2.06
Other Surcharges and Fees: .27
Carrier Cost Recovery Fee LD: 1.99
OK Universal Service Fee: 1.03
municipal charge:.40
OK High Cost Fund Recovery Fee LD: 4.83
Total Surcharges and Other Fees: $16.18

PLUS $4.24 Taxes!! And this on a $62. and change bill (prorated to death horror bill lol)

$3.47? a joy to deal with after ATT lol, but i don't want to complicate things further until i know for sure. With the $198 for the ooma box + 9.99 a month Premier (119.88 annual) + $3.47 ($41.64 annual) taxes I'm at $359.52 annual for Ooma.

Still a BARGAIN considering ATT's taxes and fees were $20 a month for a $35 all distance landline lol. I just don't know if the Premier features other than the blacklist are something I'd use, so the 'actual' fees are important.

i'll wait until OOma updates the details before signing up for Premier.

appreciate it.

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:07 am

actually, the telo is a one time cost. therefore its 161.52 annual or 13.46 per mo. I started with OOMA a few mo ago, have premier, and can confirm that it is 161.52 per year (so far at least)
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:57 pm

notech wrote:yeah i got that. i have no complaints about the $3.47. i just don't want them to go up based on cost of service, so i won't sign up for premier until i know for sure.
Let me put it this way, taxes are paid separately from Premier subscription fee as of now. The only thing I see jumping up based on cost would be state/local but that part of it is $0 right now.

notech

Post by notech » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:14 pm

EA PA wrote:actually, the telo is a one time cost. therefore its 161.52 annual or 13.46 per mo. I started with OOMA a few mo ago, have premier, and can confirm that it is 161.52 per year (so far at least)
yeah i just figured it in as the first year cost. I think i'm going to wait until they perfect their handset. the only thing i would use in premier besides a 2nd line would be the black list. I have google voice to deal with other things and had it before Ooma.

still a great deal for premier if you use all the features. I guess i'll see if i miss any features i may have now with the trial period before i decide. it's just SO nice to deal with a next to nothing phone bill after battling ATT for the past 3 months. I had to get corporate involved and an FCC complaint just to get their billing straightened out. it was so horrible that ATT is on my ooma blacklist lol. I've got it down to just DSL dry loop with them now and they keep robocalling my house every morning at 9am and won't leave a msg. talk about leaving a bad taste in my mouth lol

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:29 pm

notech wrote:
EA PA wrote:actually, the telo is a one time cost. therefore its 161.52 annual or 13.46 per mo. I started with OOMA a few mo ago, have premier, and can confirm that it is 161.52 per year (so far at least)
yeah i just figured it in as the first year cost. I think i'm going to wait until they perfect their handset. the only thing i would use in premier besides a 2nd line would be the black list. I have google voice to deal with other things and had it before Ooma.

still a great deal for premier if you use all the features. I guess i'll see if i miss any features i may have now with the trial period before i decide. it's just SO nice to deal with a next to nothing phone bill after battling ATT for the past 3 months. I had to get corporate involved and an FCC complaint just to get their billing straightened out. it was so horrible that ATT is on my ooma blacklist lol. I've got it down to just DSL dry loop with them now and they keep robocalling my house every morning at 9am and won't leave a msg. talk about leaving a bad taste in my mouth lol
I understand completely. It's funny, I have not had any of the handset issues that everyone else seems to have, no battery, alarming, or software. It works great for me.

I have been trying to ditch Frontier for weeks now. I called and told them I wanted my second line discontinued and the first line to be local only for my wifes business. Its been 2 weeks and the line still rings. Called them back and they told me that I had 6 mo left on a contract, so they just decided that I should continue. No call back, no nothing - they decide. So I sicked my wife on them, and they said that the best they would do is prorate the contract. She told them she would cancel the second line - nothing. So she hung up on them. I may NEVER get free lol. Ill try again next week. I am surprised that they are not on the community blacklist - or are they .... OOMA wont pass out the list lol
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier