Bluetooth Call Transfer

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
tegelad
Re: Bluetooth Call Transfer

Post by tegelad » Thu May 19, 2011 9:36 am

So is it safe to say that this is a "feature request" to reenable handset to bluetooth transfer option in telo handset ... While leaving the 3-way conference call option available (as I do see some value in the setup [even as kludgy as it is]).

Also, as a product request ... you might be able to spin out a hardware breakout box -> usb cable to blue tooth box that provides a dialpad option so it gives a bluetooth headset handset controls for dialilng conference calls and transfering phone calls away from the bluetooth handset to a telo handset ...

I would pay for this (say $50-90 range ...)

cheers,

+-ADT

Bobby B wrote:Our development team has submitted the fix for bug 10887. The next step is to have our QA team verify the bug fix and then integrate it into the next release image. I'm not sure about timing of these last two steps yet, but I would guess it'd be at least a few weeks out.

jpctx

Post by jpctx » Mon May 23, 2011 11:31 am

Bobby B wrote:Our development team has submitted the fix for bug 10887. The next step is to have our QA team verify the bug fix and then integrate it into the next release image. I'm not sure about timing of these last two steps yet, but I would guess it'd be at least a few weeks out.
Any update on this?

chefben

Post by chefben » Tue May 24, 2011 5:01 am

Bobby,

It has been two weeks since your post and I know you are not in engineering, but it is frustrating not to be able to use the system as we all paid for and how it was advertised for a month or so now.

Can you please come back to the OOMA community today with a firm release date ?

I am sure this could be released as a standalone patch cant it ?

Cheers

Benjamin

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Wed May 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Bug 10887 has been fixed. The release that has the fix is currently being tested by beta users. We're still trying to schedule out when this release can go out to the field, assuming tests go well and no new issues crop up.
Bobby B

chefben

Post by chefben » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:15 am

Bobby B wrote:Bug 10887 has been fixed. The release that has the fix is currently being tested by beta users. We're still trying to schedule out when this release can go out to the field, assuming tests go well and no new issues crop up.
Another week has passed. When will this major feature fix be released ?

Surely it doesn't take a whole week to test transferring a call to a headset....

For the first time in two plus years really disappointed in ooma.

lavulavu88

Post by lavulavu88 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Does anyone know if the fix has been deployed? Thanks! Also, while trying to learn how things are working between my Ooma handset and my bluetooth headset, I found out that if I intiate a call directly from my headset via *15 prefix to a conference call that requires an access code, direct entering of the access code via the Ooma handset keypad will NOT be recognized, i.e., there are some hidden sequence of characters that get attached to the passcode such that my conference passcode become invalid. Has anyone run into this situation? Thanks in advance.

lavulavu88

Post by lavulavu88 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Dear Ooma: Can you confirm that bug 10887 has been fixed and has been deployed? How can I find out if I can update the software/firmware so that I can transfer my calls from my Telo handset to bluetooth headset??? Thanks.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:01 am

You can't update the firmware yourself. You must wait until they push it to you.

They don't do a release for every bug that is found. They schedule multiple bugs to be included in a candidate release. Sometimes fixing one thing breaks something else. The candidate release is sent to employees Telos first, then to beta testers, then maybe to a few regular customers to see if there any problems with the release. Each of those groups runs on the candidate for an undetermined (meaning I don't know) amount of time to see if it's stable. Only then will the candidate be scheduled for general release. It takes one or two weeks to push a release to all of the customers.

Consider the uproar that would ensue if a bad release shut down every Telo in the country. Every release must be tested for stability before it can be pushed out.

Even "mighty" Microsoft only sends out patches once a month (with a few exceptions) on the second Tuesday of the month.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jpctx

Post by jpctx » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:41 am

Any update on this.

dustyrobbins

Post by dustyrobbins » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:31 am

Getting a target date for the next Telo firmware release would be appreciated. Keeping this issue hanging without that for 2+ months has been very frustrating.